Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Does anyone use their Yuneec to haul a payload other than a camera?

Reaction score
I am a newbie with the obvious newbie questions.
Does anyone use their Yuneec to transfer items= payload?

When I purchased my used drone the seller told me it could handle 50#. I was blown away by this! (obviously)
I believe he misread somewhere that it is 5#. And I don't even know if that is correct.

On our property we have a pond that is separated from our house by a creek. The kids are always needing 'something'- hooks, pliers, a drink while over there.
With some optimism I was imagining how great it would be to be able to fly those items to them rather than taking the long trek down to the bottom and around the creek.

I am a newbie with the obvious newbie questions.
Does anyone use their Yuneec to transfer items= payload?

When I purchased my used drone the seller told me it could handle 50#. I was blown away by this! (obviously)
I believe he misread somewhere that it is 5#. And I don't even know if that is correct.

On our property we have a pond that is separated from our house by a creek. The kids are always needing 'something'- hooks, pliers, a drink while over there.
With some optimism I was imagining how great it would be to be able to fly those items to them rather than taking the long trek down to the bottom and around the creek.
You would need to do some testing for sure. Most likely you would require a line hanging down, but I think it might be sketchy and you would be moving very slow for sure to eliminate as much swing as you can.

Does that mean I have not thought about doing something like that?...I have many times. You would not be able to lift a lot, but I would suspect if you are careful, you could do some things. Remember that liquid has a lot of weight to it, so even a can of pop/soda has lots of weight. I hope it does not become an expensive trial and error. On the other hand, at least it will be your trial and error vs mine, so let me know how it goes. ;)

Murray

Reactions: Addison
It will require some progressive testing to explore limits but you should be good for 8 to 16 ounces initially and still retain control function and useful flight time. Above that you should consider use of an inline ammeter to establish current loading. We don’t know the amp level that would burn out an ESC.

Well, it sounds to me as if I am better off hopping on the atv and riding over. You can only imagine how excited I was hearing I could fly 50# objects around our property. :D
Well, if it sounds too good...

Look at a new Boeing press release in TechCrunch. Seems they have a new multirotor with a 500# lift capacity[emoji44]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surmount13