Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone ID Chart - Now this is funny!

OMG… ha ha ha ha ha… my ribs hurt.

It is amazing that they are so adept at seeing something as small as a drone, but have trouble seeing a light aircraft at the same distance.

I think the multirotor aircraft have taken the place of the UFO. I expect to see cattle mutilations and human abduction and crop circles blamed on drones in the very near future.

Reactions: PatR
I've enjoyed reading the FAA reports from pilots who reported drone sightings. Some are hilarious. Spotted a drone at 7000' flying at 200 mph. Spotted a drone at 5000' about the size of a washing machine. Spotted several white drones at 1000' flying in formation. (Wonder if that was a V formation.)

Reactions: Thomas111
I've enjoyed reading the FAA reports from pilots who reported drone sightings. Some are hilarious. Spotted a drone at 7000' flying at 200 mph. Spotted a drone at 5000' about the size of a washing machine. Spotted several white drones at 1000' flying in formation. (Wonder if that was a V formation.)
There was an instance a couple of years ago where a pilot somewhere in the South of England reported that a drone had hit his aircraft. It turned out after investigations that it was a plastic bag. The news media was all over it when it was thought that a drone had hit a passenger aircraft but not a peep out of them when it was proved it was a bag...media scaremongering.

Reactions: MarkC
There was an instance a couple of years ago where a pilot somewhere in the South of England reported that a drone had hit his aircraft. It turned out after investigations that it was a plastic bag. The news media was all over it when it was thought that a drone had hit a passenger aircraft but not a peep out of them when it was proved it was a bag...media scaremongering.
I particularly remember that 'incident' and the lack of follow up

The original stories are big letter headlines on the front page. The correction/clarifications often end up 8pt text on the editorial pages.

It was BBC TV I saw the original report and certainly never saw a follow up though may have missed it, not really newsworthy of TV I guess
I can't remember how I found out that it turned out to be a plastic bag, but it certainly wasn't through the BBC. The BBC news led with the story when it was thought to have been a drone...HEADLINE NEWS. But nowt after that.

Reactions: OnTheRopes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval