Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone Issue

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I figured I would make a post up here on the forum to see of any comments people may have.

I am a big fan of the drones by Yuneec. Very happy with the quality of product.. However, my first test flight ended up with the drone literally falling out of the sky within the first few minutes of hovering 20-25 feet in the air. Unfortunately, it was hovering over concrete and came slamming down and shattered the 4k camera, broke landing gear and two of the motor arms off. It was a rough landing and did lots of damage.

Is this a drone defect? Under what circumstances should the drone ever (with all the advanced technology) just come crashing out of the sky? It had no object contact, there was nothing nearby. All of a sudden all 6 motors stopped and it just fell out of the sky.

I dug around online and found people providing telemetry log data. I found some other sensor data files and I have attached them here.

Can you guys let me know what you think? Is this something that Yuneec can help me replace or fix? I really feel like this could have been a manufacturing defect but I have no idea how I can prove it.. Please provide guidance!

TELEMETRY LOG DATA:

Dropbox - Telemetry_00004.csv

Attachments

• IMG_0832.JPG
    IMG_0832.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 11.55.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 11.55.38 PM.png
    65.3 KB · Views: 11
Are you shure you put the battery into the bottom of the compartment until you heard a "click" from the locker? Otherwise it will happen what you just described, you lost all the power suddenly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval