Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone Livermore

Reaction score
I have been flying a mantis Q for quite some time now and enjoying it, I mainly use it for work on construction jobs, now I have a new apple iPhone and can't down the app., my old phone, I had to turn it back in to my company I work for. App store say's app no longer available, how do I fly this thing now? how do I get the app? Is there anyone out there that can help?
Thanks, D L.

I have been flying a mantis Q for quite some time now and enjoying it, I mainly use it for work on construction jobs, now I have a new apple iPhone and can't down the app., my old phone, I had to turn it back in to my company I work for. App store say's app no longer available, how do I fly this thing now? how do I get the app? Is there anyone out there that can help?
Thanks, D L.
Very warm welcome to the Yuneec forum, I am very sure that you will get the help that you need from the experts

Thanks, D L.
This seems to be an annual problem with Yuneec apps and the Apple App Store. The apps should reappear soon. If not, I’ll be in the same boat as you are for the Mantis, Breeze, CGO, and CGO4 apps.

This is not entirely the fault of Yuneec. Apple has an equal share in this issue with their BS rules for apps remaining in the App Store.

The other alternative is to get an older Android phone that uses Android 8 or older. Newer versions of the Android OS have issues with displaying the video feed from the Mantis.

Reactions: 7cyclops
I just checked and all four remaining apps are once again on the US App Store. You may have to do a search for Yuneec International to get all four to appear in a search. The apps are:

Breeze Cam - Breeze Flying Camera
Yuneec Pilot - Mantis Q/G
CGO - CGO3/3+
CGO4 - CGO4

After downloading the app, I was only able to bind one time this weekend, testing in my shop, I had a hard time binding the controller and drone and when I once did it had a dark screen on my phone and in red letters it said " DRONE OPERATED BY OTHER DEVICE" is it because someone is trying to steel my drone? or is it because I was in my garage and maybe it was trying to connect to my cars? both my cars have the capacity to Bluetooth to my phone. When it did connect, I flew it very closely to test it and only up to about 20' high, at one time it would not come down when I tried to land it, it just stayed up there, it would not respond to the down/land command. It would just not connect to the controller/phone, frustrating.
Drone Livermore.

After downloading the app, I was only able to bind one time this weekend, testing in my shop, I had a hard time binding the controller and drone and when I once did it had a dark screen on my phone and in red letters it said " DRONE OPERATED BY OTHER DEVICE" is it because someone is trying to steel my drone? or is it because I was in my garage and maybe it was trying to connect to my cars? both my cars have the capacity to Bluetooth to my phone. When it did connect, I flew it very closely to test it and only up to about 20' high, at one time it would not come down when I tried to land it, it just stayed up there, it would not respond to the down/land command. It would just not connect to the controller/phone, frustrating.
Drone Livermore.
No one is trying to steal the drone, but there are connection issues happening. I will try to find the thread where another was having this trouble and the steps to unbind in the app and then rebind.

The twenty foot distance with no control sounds like an issue with antenna positioning. Be sure to follow the directions in the user manual (available at YuneecSkins.com in the Mantis downloads).

Another thing to check is that you are connecting the controller to the phone using the USB-A jack on the controller and not the USB-C jack. The USB-C is only for charging the controller.

Here is the thread I was looking for starting at post #15 Need help, Done says Controlled by another device

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop