Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone on Drone - Anybody?

You’re going to get me in trouble!
FYI: if you don’t see me for a month that means that I’m banned.. So, I’m trying to keep it clean.. Hahahaha (yeah, right!)

You’re going to get me in trouble!
FYI: if you don’t see me for a month that means that I’m banned.. So, I’m trying to keep it clean.. Hahahaha (yeah, right!)
Just as long as your OK with a 70 year old and a 60 year old schooooolin' ya!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't need schoolin'....I need controllin'. These gals nowadays, they get to college, no money, want all the nice things, guys like me, mix the two and what do you have? A bevy of beautiful girls and a....Dummy spending what little money he has left. :)

I don't need schoolin'....I need controllin'. These gals nowadays, they get to college, no money, want all the nice things, guys like me, mix the two and what do you have? A bevy of beautiful girls and a....Dummy spending what little money he has left. :)
Well either way you loook darn good for a 70 or 96 year old dude named Stephanie

So I gotta bail on where this convo is going as I know we's bout to get deleted

QUOTE="thoneter, post: 165899, member: 8558"]So I gotta bail on where this convo is going as I know we's bout to get deleted[/QUOTE]

Thoneter, I'm surprised it hasn't already! Maybe Steve liked Stephanie too? I had a beautiful studio I built myself. Girls loved it. Good times.

Did more Drone on Drone today but at low level. Getting one to fly in trail of another is tough! Will do a quickie YouTube on it & post it soon.

QUOTE="thoneter, post: 165899, member: 8558"]So I gotta bail on where this convo is going as I know we's bout to get deleted

Thoneter, I'm surprised it hasn't already! Maybe Steve liked Stephanie too? I had a beautiful studio I built myself. Girls loved it. Good times.

Did more Drone on Drone today but at low level. Getting one to fly in trail of another is tough! Will do a quickie YouTube on it & post it soon.[/QUOTE]

No, Murray likes Stephanie.

Man! You and your drone on drone, I’m going to have to do that again, when it stops raining here in Cali.

Stephanie is #FUEGO

Reactions: Murray Martz

Did more Drone on Drone today but at low level. Getting one to fly in trail of another is tough! Will do a quickie YouTube on it & post it soon.

Man! You and your drone on drone, I’m going to have to do that again, when it stops raining here in Cali.

Stephanie is #FUEGO[/QUOTE]
I can't keep up with you whippersnappers and your high falutin' tags

I haven’t been able to fly the last few days due to wind, but I might get some brief windows before Wednesday when it’s supposed to cam down. If I do:

I’m going to take the H to my local park with soccer fields, set it at a 20’ hover, then fly my Mavic Air over to it, about 20’ away. I’ll set the Mavic to Active Track, Trace, and lock on the Typhoon.....then slowly fly the H around and see if the Mavic will follow it. If it does, I should be able to get some cool video, from the Mavic, of the H in flight.

Reactions: CSI
Okay, got to fly this evening. I had minimal success, mostly failure.

I could get the Mavic Air to lock on to the H, and it would start to track it and follow, but quickly lose lock. I tried several times with different distances. Reviewing the footage this evening, it loses lock whenever the H would “blend” in with the background. So, I’ll try again with enough altitude to keep the background as sky, as much as possible. At least try to work against a background where the H is always clearly defined.

I did get the hints of what could be some really cool shots.....if I can just get it to stay locked on. There were moments when the Mavic was tracking and following the H.....and it was very cool.

I haven’t been able to fly the last few days due to wind, but I might get some brief windows before Wednesday when it’s supposed to cam down. If I do:

I’m going to take the H to my local park with soccer fields, set it at a 20’ hover, then fly my Mavic Air over to it, about 20’ away. I’ll set the Mavic to Active Track, Trace, and lock on the Typhoon.....then slowly fly the H around and see if the Mavic will follow it. If it does, I should be able to get some cool video, from the Mavic, of the H in flight.
Not familiar with Mavic Fred but sounds good. I did try to circle close in to my other Typhoon but just didn't have the expertise. Only partially successful. Finishing up a video here on the title. Will post later today. Would like to see what you were able to do yourself...either photo or video.

I just added a response to your update Fred, I edited it, looked for SEND. No SEND. Only Preview. Did the Preview. Again, No SEND.

Anyway, yes, this drone on drone is not easy & you have to get & stay as close as possible to make it look good! All without colliding of course! Good luck next time! I had about the same results as you!

Stephanie is #FUEGO[/QUOTE]
I've actually been away. As you all will note, I just cleaned up the thread. @booboo ..... best not posting pics like that again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval