Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drones Will Be Shot Down Until These Misconceptions Are Tackled

Hard to say in that regard. For light clothes summer carry I have a Kahr 9 that fits in the back pocket. For winter I prefer a mid frame .45. Two makes I can’t stand; Glock and Ruger. I gave my Daewoo combat .40 to my wife but it’s too large for her and the SA trigger too light so she settled on a mid frame 9mm.

Going out shooting with her I’ve found that no matter how mad she gets I’ll be safe 12’ or more away from her[emoji4]. Inside 12’ there’s a 50% chance I ain’t gonna make it. In that learning process I’ve learned it’s best not to compare targets after the shoot unless she’s run out her ammo[emoji6]

In all fairness my wife does not shoot as often as she should and she’ll listen to a female friend rather than me for instruction. In any case, any of the three, 9mm, .40, .45 serves the purpose well when used properly. Pocket .25’s and .380’s are nigh on useless unless it’s a contact event.

The only time I’m not armed is when meeting a client or doing a gig. Just not the business image I wish to project.

Other than that, I’m always armed. My daily concealed carry is a Walther PPK in .380, loaded with PDX1’s. I replaced the hand grips with some beautiful dark walnut ones, with the scrolled Walther PPK logo. It’s beautiful. I love this weapon! It’s super accurate. I go to the range monthly, and I can put a shot exactly where I want it at 10m, every time. Retains its accuracy even farther out, but 10m is my practice range with a small handgun. It’s solid, but not too heavy. Very comfortable in my hand especially with the walnut grips and the extended clip with pinky rest. I’ve been carrying it for 8 years now and no desire to change. It’s like a part of my hand.

When I open carry, I have a Springfield Range Officer in .45. It’s a beautiful 1911, handles well and with the model upgrades it’s a terrific shooter. It’s a bit on the heavy side, so I use a larger belt and cinch it up a bit tighter than usual. I get a lot of compliments with it, and it has the dark walnut grips as well. All in all it’s a great sidearm.

Glock, Ruger, Colt is the same as ford, Chevy, Dodge. I'm not a brand snob. If it does the job reliably and does not jam up I don't care who made it.
On a side note Kentucky has passed a no license requirement for concealed carry.
No vetting, training, or any other requirements for CCDW. I am a big proponents of 2nd amendment, but I would like at least know that the rounds fired will go to target. For the CCDW license you need to hit the target at least 11 rounds out of 20 hit the target. I got 20 out of 20 of course. I would have hit that at double the distance.

Last edited:
;) Wasn't theme smart batteries... ya can tell were a bunch of "ole Farts eh, travel to new subjects that interest. My laser sights don't use smart batteries! Several 45's, each vehicle carries their own and a few for person. Previously installed fat grips on 1911 for fit, now prefer staggered mags & wider well. Agree with Pat, Wife is pretty much harmless at distance even with a green beam... her vocals perform most damage. For bicycle on back trails I carry a light compact 380, with modern rounds... not a 45, but is capable damage. My practice sessions are more gong walking than stationary target... step back, turn, draw & gong multiple 6-8" plates... walk & repeat. It's all takes place short range & rapidly in most situations. I don't physically carry much in public, normally when trekking off to open areas. I find it a bit disturbing when I see a fine specimen openly carrying in a Walmart that I'm pretty certain would be more threat than benefit. I actually thought Walmart's prohibited arms, but I've seen several wondering about and management doesn't approach... plus in my state, concealed carry is allowed & open carry not allowed. Like other regs & laws, ignored til a problem. Wonder if I'd get attention if I wore my .50acp Eagle through the store.

Reactions: ThunderChicken
I think ownership of your condition is more important than making your devices more intelligent. I dislike computerized cars for the simple reason many sensor failures can mimic what use to be a simple fix. In full scale aviation you must do a pre-flight before you even start the engine. I know most of us do that before we fly, but if we start relying on "Smart devices" We might not look at things as closely as we should.

I believe in the mother's concept on sweaters woks just as well for weapons.
"It is better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it."

;) Wasn't theme smart batteries...

No, that a different thread.....this ones about shooting down drones....so still vaguely on topic.

Reactions: Dougcjohn
Also don't forget some of us are old and easily distracted like the Dog in the cartoon UP! SQUIRREL!

I ended up in a long court case in 2004-2005 because of a property owner that used a shot gun to target RC planes at an AMA sanctioned field. One of mine was hit but not bad enough to down it. The situation between that land owner and the owner of the flying field became much worse after that, leading up to the neighbor using her pick up truck to run over the wife of the flying field owner.

Did the driver get any jail time?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop