Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Dum dee dum dee dum... What news Yuneec?

I'm heading up to Yuneec's UK flight school next week to preview the updated H920, I'll keep you posted. Looks like these updates are very real :)
I've been told I can go see it also

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

think the only days I have are Tuesday or Friday unless I can fit it in around a costume on Thursday

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I think they'll need to fit a revolving door down there - there are a lot of people interested in the upgrade!

..... and ?

Don't worry, I'll relay all the information that I get next week back here. It has been very frustrating, especially as I also own an H and the updates on that are pretty constant yet nothing apart from one little update in the year that I've owned the H920. New year.......new (updated) Bird (fingers crossed)
@volanti been way over a week, what did you find out? I have a feeling, these folks that are in the "know" work for Yuneec and are just stringing us along.

Ok so just have to wait ... hope its not too long.

Just spreading the word on the various threads discussing Tornado upgrades. The new H920+ has been announced and info is on the Yuneec website. No word yet on upgrade options for existing H920 owners.

Yuneec website link: Overview - Yuneec

Hi,

You have seen and read this page:
Overview - Yuneec
Yuneec show ST16 remote control only for the Tornado H920 Plus, with functions as with the Typhoon H ;-) Not more the ST24. It's new ! And they talk about waypoints: "With the Tornado H920 Plus, you can now also program waypoints on the basis of Google Maps or Amal"...
ST16-Waypoints-4cfff83d.png

Shhh, its a secrete....keep reading and wanting....Yuneec doesnt deliver!!! Stay away from YUNEEC!!! horrible product, horrible customer service! H920 V1 is a huge disappointment and what is to happen to us.....we end up taking it in the tail pipe and they don't take care of us! Shame on you Yuneec!!!

No, I'm not. I'm sure it seems that way. I have been getting the run around since July 2016 of a firmware update to fix the USA version of the H920 and it's still not here and they don't know when or if it will ever be here. The problem is, the turtle/rabbit doesn't work correctly. When running a CGO4 with the H920, the speed of the copter is dependent on how far you zoom the CGO4 lens. Now, I know this doesn't sound like a big issue, but when you zoom way out the copter flys extremely slow, so you can't keep up with a moving subject. If you zoom in, the copter flys extremely fast, so it's hard to keep your subject in the frame. The title/rabbit is tied directly to the zoom function of the CGO4 for some reason. It's been this way since day one and I can't film this way. So, yes, I am very disappointed in something I spent a decent amount of money for, that I can't use. The only thing I can do with it, is fly to a position and film staying stationary. What's the point of having a copter? I tried to instal the U.K. Version of the updated firmware but it won't take on the USA version of the ST24. The copter does fly great and is very stable. But I bought it to film, not just fly.

Haha, thought so, just disappointed than....

My ST24 has the zoom also on the right slider.... but.... rabbit/turtle is on the right one of the turning knobs on the upper left site. Works good and independent from the slider. I think it can be changed in programming the channels but have never done something in there (lack of manual).

So i just don't fly but also make stills and movies. But i never followed a moving object. I have no interest in that. Just flying calm and shooting the pictures and movies. I have both the GH4 and the CGO4 (including the steadygrip). For controlling from the steadygrip i use my old samsung Sll; works good and it is just for controlling what i am doing. Stills and movies are on the card and i have som free picture abd video software for afterwards.

I also have a Q500 4K, but that has crashed(after some 80 or so flights) and needs a new body. In spring i will work on that.
Untill the crash i had nothing to complain and alway had good service from Yuneec in Germany and from copter.eu.

But i understand your disapointment, lots of money and little to nothing on backup help.

Hope the upgrade will be free as the owner of copter.eu stated on the Facebook H920 group page.

anyway, good luck and keep flying save.

Thanks! Yea, looked into the programming and that one is not available to change. I use (well tried) mine to film our customers while they are fly boarding, so it's definitely a moving subject. Fingers crossed the upgrade will fix my issue and that it will happen soon, as fly board season starts soon here. I don't even mind paying a little for the upgrade, I just want it to work as advertised.

Do you happen to have a link to the Facebook post that said the upgrade is coming and it's free? I would like o share it with Yuneec USA

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430