Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

DY5 Charger Is DEAD after only 8 Months

Except for colour finish, they all look similar. Probably same factory. Whatever you go with will give you more piece of mind, in being able to look after your batteries, and with different cables you have a versatile unit.

Last edited:
You have to be careful with these chargers and read the specifications well, not because they work badly, but because they are not able to deliver the same power depending on which port you use if you are using the other as well.

They are the most used, but I personally don't like them because of what I tell you. There are already users who have reported that they are not able to charge both batteries at the same time at full power. See specifications.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
I use this charger:

I can charge pretty much any battery I have. It can easily charge 4X Typhoon H Plus packs at a time. I use the charge leads from Carolina Dronz. I like chargers that allow me to monitor the cell IR during charge. There is also a less expensive 2-port version of this charger.

I use this charger:

I can charge pretty much any battery I have. It can easily charge 4X Typhoon H Plus packs at a time. I use the charge leads from Carolina Dronz. I like chargers that allow me to monitor the cell IR during charge. There is also a less expensive 2-port version of this charger.

I have the previous version to the Reaktor, 4 ports too. Keep in mind that it does not have an integrated power supply and you need to buy it separately. I use a 1080W power supply.

Most people with a double, which has the integrated power supply has enough. For example, I have problems charging 6S and 12Ah, the maximum of my charger are 10Ah, so to charge the 12Ah, it takes longer.

For the H520, which are 4S and 5.2Ah, with those dual would be enough, in case the two ports load at maximum speed. I would look at other options, always looking forward to future acquisitions of drones, where there would only be to buy the adapter cable.

P.S.: Of the few that comply with everything you need, 2 ports, integrated power supply and capable of charging LiHV, the one I like the most is this one.

SKYRC Ultimate Duo 400W 20A AC/DC Balance Charger/Discharger/Power Supply (EU Plug)

Last edited:
Which I prefer because I use this as a field charger as well.

I prefer it too, besides, it's usually the most common point of failure. The charger itself is a distributor of energy, the converter from alternating to continuous, the transformer, is the one that most often suffers breakdowns.

More importantly, for people who only use the H520 or other drones with proprietary chargers or no adapter cables, a charger with the built-in transformer may be a better option. And the one I put in the post, I think is one of the few that meet everything needed to be a good charger for the H520.

As soon as it happens that you have to charge the batteries out of the house, you need a truck to carry so much junk ???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33