Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E-V peak

Reaction score
So I have one. The problem is there are no instructions because they aren't needed. However there is a concern. How does it work? I put just one battery in and some lights come on but after a long time it in red but I just shut it off. It was in there for over an hour and no charge so I charged it with the regular charger. What am I doing wrong?

if this is e-v peak dy3 or dy5 insert battery and press button briefly to start charge or press and hold till it changes from charge to storage

It's a dy3 but what button are you talking about. It says storage and there is a button on the left and one to the right of storage. That's it.

I understand everything but those aren't the colors I got so now I will wait until the next charge. Thanks for your help. Peter

So I have one. The problem is there are no instructions because they aren't needed. However there is a concern. How does it work? I put just one battery in and some lights come on but after a long time it in red but I just shut it off. It was in there for over an hour and no charge so I charged it with the regular charger. What am I doing wrong?
Are you referring to the screen warning which is red. Battery Damaged etc?

To assist us in our analysis, @Peter b can you take a quick photo of what is showing on your charger?

I will but the 2 batteries are fully charged and also thanks, will do it.

If they are fully charged then you should plan to use them in the next couple of days. Otherwise, put them in storage voltage until you plan to fly. It takes about 40 min from storage to full charge and about 240 min from full charge to storage voltage.

Each button controls the battery on that side of the charger. Push the associated button to start the charge on that side.
See this video:
When charging or dis charging for storage, should the cell readings all be about the same within a couple hundreths ? One yuneec pack has suddenly been showing the bottom cell reading different by up to a tenth (ie top three on the readout 4.02- 4.03 - 4.02 the bottom cell reading 4.15. Also the number next to the percentage of charge, is that the rate ? 1766 mAh.

When charging or dis charging for storage, should the cell readings all be about the same within a couple hundreths ? One yuneec pack has suddenly been showing the bottom cell reading different by up to a tenth (ie top three on the readout 4.02- 4.03 - 4.02 the bottom cell reading 4.15. Also the number next to the percentage of charge, is that the rate ? 1766 mAh.
Should all be balanced at storage 3.80 volts approximately. And 4.2 volts fully charged.

The 1766 mAh is the total capacity added to the battery for that charge. It will vary according to how far you drained in your last flight. It is also an indicator of battery health. As the battery capacity decreases with age, this value will begin to slowly decrease, and roughly corresponds to battery health.

Reactions: Steve Carr
The 1766 mAh is the total capacity added to the battery for that charge. It will vary according to how far you drained in your last flight. It is also an indicator of battery health. As the battery capacity decreases with age, this value will begin to slowly decrease, and roughly corresponds to battery health.
Thank You for the rapid response, I now understand the numbers, I am charging the pack now and will then put it into storage mode to see if the four cells equalize. Could one cell just charge faster than the other 3 ?

14.7 volts gives an ndication on mine to about 53% left so storage time is minimal to reach, not experienced cell voltage changes yet on any of my ten batteries yet, they all charge and discharge equally. Internal resistance test will reveal it's healh.

Thank You for the rapid response, I now understand the numbers, I am charging the pack now and will then put it into storage mode to see if the four cells equalize. Could one cell just charge faster than the other 3 ?
Yes they do a bit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio