Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E90 and/or St16s problems

Reaction score
Hi again Pilots. Hope you're doing well [emoji6].

I finally had the time to test the h520 and it Seems to fly pretty well. I've used 3 batteries and had no problem flying it, but I think I had over-sized the micro sd card, a sandisk extreme pro 128gb v30, because when I press the photo button it takes ages to have the soft button ready again for another photo and after the third one it just stays thinking. .... I cannot record videos either, It just keep thinking ( actually the firs 2/3 photos are taken).
The card works perfectly in my pc.

Once I got home, making some test on the card I have found out the second problem.... my new e90 was shaking vertically, tiny moves up and down.

I tried to re install the camera, gimbal calibration, but nothing have changed.

Looking at the rc monitor windows I saw that the k2 "sensor" was shaking and unfortunately also the k3 was shaking but I bit less.

K2 and k3 was shaking even with the drone turned off so I thought it was a TX problem instead of a defective e90.

I finally let the TX charge overnight to test it again In the morning because It was at about about 35%when I got home and 15%when I finally went to bed.

The next morning and 100% battery, I test everything again and guess what..... No problemo anymore. [emoji58] Whattt.??
Everything was fine but me.

So I start testing everything again and I have noticed 2 things, the first one was that I could move (using really small force) the k2 for about halfway without actually moving the indicator ( the camera was moving instead) and the second one, that I was testing for a lot of time and the st16s battery was under 35% and here the shaking again.

I have no idea whose fault is that.

I know for sure that k2 is not working well even with 100% battery.
I don't understand why everything start with " low" battery... And why both k2 and k3.

I have update everything so I'm not sure if the problem was there before.

I think I'll have to send at least the TX back to yuneec ... And don't forget about j3 problem .... Fixed with calibration . [emoji22]

Last edited:
Drone not connected and turned off, re-calibrating all the controllers and potentiometers can solve the problem.
Try.

Hi @claudius62 thanks for the quick reply....
Tried it 2 times ... 3 with this last one ..... it seems to work but once i turn on the drone and it acquire signal from the camera it start the nod.

Now that the radio is recalibrated, try to reinstall the firmware of the gimbal by the SD card in the camera. If this does not give a result, try to recalibrate the gimbal afterwards.
If still no results, contact the after-sales service!

Reactions: Mike Irish
I'm sorry if it tooks me so long to reply.
I have tried everything you said but nothing changed.I have to try resetting the st16s.. .. With 'low" st16s battery, it stars to have these small vertical moves. When the battery is charged enough, everything works fine.

The guy I bought it from, said never go on a flight with low transmitter battery and that the problem is probably the battery not delivering enough power to the potentiometer.

We have to test it with another st16s with low battery and see if it gives the same problem.

Can you try the same test too?

Let the transmitter battery reach at least 30%-25%.... Then connect the drone and camera and tilt the camera down just a little bit, point it toward something close so it is going to be easier to see the problem.

I would like to share the video but this forum does not accept mp4 files.

Thanks a lot

You have to load the video file to YouTube, Instagram, Vimeo, or other such site, then post a link to it on this forum.

Reactions: Max_IT
I have emailed yuneec, they said to send in the st16s.

.... Case closed [emoji22]

Don’t worry. Every service case i had with Yuneec Germany (and it were more than 10) was resolved within a week plus shipping times.
... Some news.....
It seems we do not have the problem anymore... I'm testing it again right now.
Yesterday as the st16s passed 35% battery, the k2 and camera starts shaking.... This after I restored to factory settings the st16s ( it was my last chance to fix the problem).

I Kept trying and the battery got to 22%. Then I shut down the TX, remove the battery and plug it in back ....start the TX and the battery showed 6% and almost no shaking.
I charged it over night and I'm waiting it gets to 35% battery.....
I'll keep you updated.

... Some news.....
It seems we do not have the problem anymore... I'm testing it again right now.
Yesterday as the st16s passed 35% battery, the k2 and camera starts shaking.... This after I restored to factory settings the st16s ( it was my last chance to fix the problem).

I Kept trying and the battery got to 22%. Then I shut down the TX, remove the battery and plug it in back ....start the TX and the battery showed 6% and almost no shaking.
I charged it over night and I'm waiting it gets to 35% battery.....
I'll keep you updated.
..that was a fast one ......

nothing changed .. under 35% it starts to shake ....... i'm going to send it back .. even if it is just the battery ..... , at least they'll change it with a new one ....... if the the problem is that instead of the k2 circuit

It's not a real shaking ... It moves up and down really quick on the tilt axis and it happens only when it is connected to the st16s with "low" battety

Yours was a really shaking..... A saw a YouTube video .. Like it was possessed
by demons [emoji23]
No doubt. I was just happy that it happened on the ground during checks. In my case I think it might have been beta firmware, but there wren't any logs that had a clue. I never got confirmation on what they "fixed". Pretty sure they just sent me a new unit and it wasn't that one that failed again. It was one that was on our other H520.

Are you on all the latest firmwares? There are a couple of threads out there tracking the success of them, but there is also a private group that I might be able to get you invited to if you are testing.

No doubt. I was just happy that it happened on the ground during checks. In my case I think it might have been beta firmware, but there wren't any logs that had a clue. I never got confirmation on what they "fixed". Pretty sure they just sent me a new unit and it wasn't that one that failed again. It was one that was on our other H520.

Are you on all the latest firmwares? There are a couple of threads out there tracking the success of them, but there is also a private group that I might be able to get you invited to if you are testing.
Yep... I did all the updates and probably I shouldn't..... Just because I have no idea if the problem was there before the updates.
The drone is "totally" new... I have found the tlog back to the test in China, and it was in March 2019 so I'm sending it back to yunecc 100%

I hope they fix the problem instead of giving me a new st16s that, could give me the same problem...... I'll talk for sure , filling the form, about the j3 problem I had that It was fixed after a few calibrations...maybe they'll solder it ....

.. I dot not keep tracking on how firmwares were doing and yes I'll be glad if you can introduce me in that thread....

Reactions: chascoadmin
Hi again Pilots. Hope you're doing well [emoji6].

I finally had the time to test the h520 and it Seems to fly pretty well. I've used 3 batteries and had no problem flying it, but I think I had over-sized the micro sd card, a sandisk extreme pro 128gb v30, because when I press the photo button it takes ages to have the soft button ready again for another photo and after the third one it just stays thinking. .... I cannot record videos either, It just keep thinking ( actually the firs 2/3 photos are taken).
The card works perfectly in my pc.

Once I got home, making some test on the card I have found out the second problem.... my new e90 was shaking vertically, tiny moves up and down.

I tried to re install the camera, gimbal calibration, but nothing have changed.

Looking at the rc monitor windows I saw that the k2 "sensor" was shaking and unfortunately also the k3 was shaking but I bit less.

K2 and k3 was shaking even with the drone turned off so I thought it was a TX problem instead of a defective e90.

I finally let the TX charge overnight to test it again In the morning because It was at about about 35%when I got home and 15%when I finally went to bed.

The next morning and 100% battery, I test everything again and guess what..... No problemo anymore. [emoji58] Whattt.??
Everything was fine but me.

So I start testing everything again and I have noticed 2 things, the first one was that I could move (using really small force) the k2 for about halfway without actually moving the indicator ( the camera was moving instead) and the second one, that I was testing for a lot of time and the st16s battery was under 35% and here the shaking again.

I have no idea whose fault is that.

I know for sure that k2 is not working well even with 100% battery.
I don't understand why everything start with " low" battery... And why both k2 and k3.

I have update everything so I'm not sure if the problem was there before.

I think I'll have to send at least the TX back to yuneec ... And don't forget about j3 problem .... Fixed with calibration . [emoji22]

Hey, just realised I have the exact same thing when ST16s battery gets below 35% or so.

The cam (E10t) makes tiny up and down movements. No shaking if it is fully straight or fully down.

Luckily I remembered your post here. Left the drone switched on and inserted a fresh battery to the ST16s and the problem disappeared.

Have you been in contact with Yuneec regarding this issue?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval