Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E90 Home Position

Reaction score
Good evening everyone, we have an H520 at work that I have been tasked to knock the dust off of, and make sure everything is working and ready to fly. I’m familiar with a few different types of UAS/Drones but this is my first time with a Yuneec product.

My issue is the yaw indicator on the ST16S screen. With the yellow arrow point directly up on the controller, the E90 sits 90° clockwise at the 3 o’clock position. I have completed calibration of all of the drone, camera/gimble, and controller. All software and firmware is up to date. I have been through all of the manuals, but I can’t figure out how to have the “Home” position for the gimble be at the 12 o’clock position. The camera pans, tilts, rotates like it should and I can get it to 12 manually. But when the camera is at 12, the yaw indicator on the controller is at 9.

Any suggestions on what I’m missing?

Thanks
Jesster

Attachments

• IMG_3295.jpeg
    IMG_3295.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 13
Reactions: Steve Carr
I suspect this camera/gimbal has been taken apart at some point and the upper mounting portion put back together 90° off. @WTFDproject has had more experience with these cameras and can give better advice on how to disassemble the top portion and reassemble in the proper orientation.

Reactions: Jesster0430
I suspect this camera/gimbal has been taken apart at some point and the upper mounting portion put back together 90° off. @WTFDproject has had more experience with these cameras and can give better advice on how to disassemble the top portion and reassemble in the proper orientation.
That adds up, one of the dampeners was blown out when I took it out of the box, so I assume someone crashed it at some point. I replaced it before I started flying it.

I'm guessing both camera switches on the upper left are in the up position?
In your pic they are in the middle position.

Any suggestions on what I’m missing?
Thanks
Jesster
See that MAC Address Bar code on the back of the gimbal mount? That's supposed to be on the right hand side of the camera. The serial number would be on the left side. @DoomMeister is 100% correct that the dampers were re-installed with the bottom half of the mount 90 degrees off.

While the mount holes form a square, the mounts sides are angled in towards the front and can be used to ensure the proper alingnment.
Mount shape.jpg

Reactions: Enrico Jorysch
Sie können diesen "Fehler" in 60 Sekunden beheben.
Alle 4 Dämpfergummis vorsichtig lösen.
Drehen Sie die Gimbal-Platte so, dass sich der MAC-Kleber auf der rechten Seite befindet.
Dämpfergummis wieder montieren... Dann ist das "Problem" gelöst.

Herzliche Grüße aus der Schweiz,
Enrico

Sehen Sie den MAC-Adress-Barcode auf der Rückseite der Gimbal-Halterung? Das sollte sich auf der rechten Seite der Kamera befinden. Die Seriennummer befindet sich auf der linken Seite. @DoomMeister ist zu 100 % korrekt, dass die Dämpfer wieder eingebaut wurden, wobei die untere Hälfte der Halterung um 90 Grad versetzt war.

Während die Befestigungslöcher ein Quadrat bilden, sind die Seiten der Halterungen nach vorne abgewinkelt und können verwendet werden, um die richtige Befestigung zu gewährleisten.
View attachment 30504
Du warst eine Sekunde schnell als ich :)

• Haha
Reactions: WTFDproject
That adds up, one of the dampeners was blown out when I took it out of the box, so I assume someone crashed it at some point. I replaced it before I started flying it.
You will sadly come to know the dampers don't get blown in a crash. They just leak all by themselves. Replacement is the only way to fix it and repeat as needed until you finally get a full set that doesn't start leaking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers