Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E90 points down

Reaction score
Hello to everyone, this is my first thread.

I recently had a horizon tilt issue which was sent back to Yuneec and repaired.
I have now got a new problem which is that the camera points downwards, it does not look dead ahead.

Been through all of the normal calibration of both the vehicle and my gimbal but still no fix.

Any ideas?

I'm sure you have checked it and tried moving it a few times. Mine did this and even though I turned the tilt knob it didn't move it. It eventually did snap in to action after 20+ turning on and off and rotating the knob. I have had a lot of issues with the E90 even to the point of it not being recognised and defaulting to a different camera, eventually sorted that out as well in a setting I haven't been able to find again. Everything is now working perfectly. Good luck.

Reactions: Sky View UAV
I have now got a new problem which is that the camera points downwards, it does not look dead ahead.
Hi @Sky View UAV,
Welcome to the forum.
Please help us understand the issue with your E90. You mentioned "it does not look dead ahead", but that could be read different ways.
1.) Does the gimbal power up at all?
2.) Does the gimbal initialize properly and remain stabilized?
3.) Does the gimbal pitch up and down in response to the controller?
4.) Does the gimbal operate normally except it will not come all the way up to level? If so, about what angle does it stop?
5.) Will the gimbal come above level if you flip the camera tilt (pitch) mode switch (S1) to the bottom position?
6.) Have you checked "RC Monitor" to ensure the tilt slider (K2) is functioning normally?

Reactions: 7cyclops
Hi @Sky View UAV,
Welcome to the forum.
Please help us understand the issue with your E90. You mentioned "it does not look dead ahead", but that could be read different ways.
1.) Does the gimbal power up at all?
2.) Does the gimbal initialize properly and remain stabilized?
3.) Does the gimbal pitch up and down in response to the controller?
4.) Does the gimbal operate normally except it will not come all the way up to level? If so, about what angle does it stop?
5.) Will the gimbal come above level if you flip the camera tilt (pitch) mode switch (S1) to the bottom position?
6.) Have you checked "RC Monitor" to ensure the tilt slider (K2) is functioning normally?
Hi WTFDproject, many thanks for reaching out.
Responding to each point.
1) yes it powers up and connects no issue.
2)yes, it's stable and responsive.
3)functions OK, it levels around 45 degrees.
5+6)not attempted these methods -i will have a go and keep you posted.

Reactions: WTFDproject
I'm sure you have checked it and tried moving it a few times. Mine did this and even though I turned the tilt knob it didn't move it. It eventually did snap in to action after 20+ turning on and off and rotating the knob. I have had a lot of issues with the E90 even to the point of it not being recognised and defaulting to a different camera, eventually sorted that out as well in a setting I haven't been able to find again. Everything is now working perfectly. Good luck.
Hi DroneDogsUK
My E90 has had its fair share of issues however I'm a Novice so perhaps there are tricks I haven't learnt yet. Right now it functions perfectly however it looks at 45 degree angle downwards. I also have my flight assessment this Wednesday so I'm hoping if the problem is present it won't complicate my test.
Thanks for replying

The 45 degree down angle could imply the "RC Calibration" routine was run at some point, and the slider was not properly set at the center position at the point in the test that "remembers" center. This is important for the tilt slider, the Yaw pot and the rate slider (the control sticks center themselves, so those are seldom an issue)
If you, or possibly someone else, has run the RC calibration, then it is possible all you need to do is run the calibration again.
It is worth noting that if this calibration was exited with the pitch slider at the full "UP" position instead of "Center", the result is the camera max angle will be exactly 45 degrees down.

The 45 degree down angle could imply the "RC Calibration" routine was run at some point, and the slider was not properly set at the center position at the point in the test that "remembers" center. This is important for the tilt slider, the Yaw pot and the rate slider (the control sticks center themselves, so those are seldom an issue)
If you, or possibly someone else, has run the RC calibration, then it is possible all you need to do is run the calibration again.
It is worth noting that if this calibration was exited with the pitch slider at the full "UP" position instead of "Center", the result is the camera max angle will be exactly 45 degrees down.
Your the man WTFDproject Are you a tarman?
Cheers.
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Update. Problem solved. Ran RC Calibration ensuring slider sticks were centred and hey presto no more 45 degree position.

Thanks to everyone who reached out to me, you are all life savers!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis