Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E90 toasted ?

Reaction score
H everyone,

I'm having troubles with my newly acquirred used H520 + E90 (like I've said in another post).
Upon arrival, I've found one of the damper leaking and the slip ring damaged.
After replacing the dampers (all of them) and the slipring (wich was a real pain...). I've started the H520 in order to perform the necessary startup routine for the maiden flight (at least for me).
All calibration went well as well as gimball calibration.
So, Everything is fine.... except :
- The E90 is emitting some kind of a repeated tick sound after initialisation
- Gimball is not responding to all commands : when pitching to full down camera get stuck to 45° - When using "free" mode camera points up but does not point down no matter what I do on the remote

I have no clue on how to fix it, all systems are up to date with the latest firmwares using updatepilot.
Just to be clear when performing gimball calibration, all movements are made completely and the calibration ends with a successful ending message.

Do you have any leads on resolving this issue ?

Reactions: paolo negroni
So, Everything is fine.... except :
- The E90 is emitting some kind of a repeated tick sound after initialisation
- Gimball is not responding to all commands : when pitching to full down camera get stuck to 45° - When using "free" mode camera points up but does not point down no matter what I do on the remote
Do you have any leads on resolving this issue ?
There is always lots of uncertainty when the camera is not in hand. However;
The "repeated tick sound" by itself would suggest the camera was assembled without installing the four small screws that hold the pitch motor stator flange to the "drone right" horizontal arm. The other movement issues are also fairly compatible with that observation.
I can probably dig up some pictures if you want to take a look at it.

("Drone right/ drone left" are as if you were sitting in a pilot's seat facing forward.)

EDIT: Found some pictures. This link is for replacement of the pitch encoder. The four screws in question are right under the encoder and can be seen in the background of the picture at Step 6.

Four Screws.png

Last edited:
There is always lots of uncertainty when the camera is not in hand. However;
The "repeated tick sound" by itself would suggest the camera was assembled without installing the four small screws that hold the pitch motor stator flange to the "drone right" horizontal arm. The other movement issues are also fairly compatible with that observation.
I can probably dig up some pictures if you want to take a look at it.

("Drone right/ drone left" are as if you were sitting in a pilot's seat facing forward.)

EDIT: Found some pictures. This link is for replacement of the pitch encoder. The four screws in question are right under the encoder and can be seen in the background of the picture at Step 6.

View attachment 29859
IMG_20230924_172309.jpg
Thanks for that quick reply,
So I've checked and my four screws are in place on the pitch encoder...
Any other idea ?

Attachments

• IMG_20230924_172339.jpg
    IMG_20230924_172339.jpg
    551.9 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: WTFDproject
Don't know if the link has worked, but I've just upload a video.
Now the camera, while still making the nose, doesn't seem to initialize...

Ok I've replied to the request...
It is common for the OBS sonar to pretty much blow out any other sound when you try to record audio from in front of the drone. Most human ears can't even hear the OBS. But microphones sure can. The noise on the video sounds very much like the obstacle avoidance sonar. I'm not sure if the sound on the video is what you are hearing in real life or if there is a different sound.
Does the same sound appear if you start the drone without the camera mounted?
You can also do another recording, with the camera/microphone behind the drone.

... and having a look at how to post a video (it's my first..)
You can upload video to something like Dropbox or Youtube then attach a link to the video like this:
If the link does not work, let me know and I will fix it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
Are the sounds on the video the same as you hear without the microphone?
Did you try starting the drone without the camera to see if there is a difference in the sound?

Hi everyone,
Sorry for the delay I've been both busy and having some troubles...
Anyway, thanks for your replies, and @WTFDproject , yes the sound in the video is pretty much the same I hear.
I've not tried starting the drone without the camera, and will try to do so tomorrow (as it is to late right now...).
All your answer points to some problems with the pitch encoder (will deal with the sound after) so I've order a new one and am waiting for it's delivery.
Hope it will at least solve pitch range issue...
One problem at a time.
Will keep you posted, delivery is schedule next week, the encoder, order at Vertigo Drones in the US, has reached mainland France and is going all the way back to Guadeloupe... in the Caribbean ! (some things are just nonsense....)

Hi everyone,

Here I am again with this post.
Things are getting better even if I must struggle theses day to look after my drones.
Anyway, the camera issue is solved !!!
The problem was me not having my brain in the right place...
As you may recall, after the loss of my first Yuneec (Typhoon H plus RS), I've acquired a used H520.
It came with the E90 damaged during shipment : Slip ring damaged.
Thanks to everyone on this forum, I've replace the slip ring and but couldn't have the gimball to perform full operation (unable to pitch the camera all the way down).
I've replace the pitch encoder, believing mine was off.
In fact it was a calibration issue : when performing RC calibration the screen says ; please insure the knobs are in the middle position before leaving calibration... this the step I've missed the first time, doing it again today, every thing is fine.
Thanks to everyone !!!
Now I'm going to fix the used Typhoon H plus (no RS) I also bought....

Hi everyone,
I think I’m unlucky…
Remember that E90 that I’ve finally managed to get to work ? Well now I’m having beeps on it… four longs then three shorts.
Referring to cgo-3 beep sequences found here it’s likely a Imu failure.
Having a C23 on the h520, there’s no beeps and although i can’t have the video feed (c23 eu version on h520 us version problem) I can control the gimbal.
The E90 just beeps and making shorts movements never stabilizing the gimbal.
I do have video feed also and I can takeoff and fly all « lipo long » with the annoying beeps !
I’ve check on all flat cables connexions in the cam, everything seems fine…
Has any of you encountered such issue and had managed to fix it ?

Having a C23 on the h520, .........I can’t have the video feed (c23 eu version on h520 us version problem)
I can control the gimbal.

The E90..... I’ve check on all flat cables connexions in the cam, everything seems fine…
Has any of you encountered such issue and had managed to fix it ?
On the C23 - Have you tried binding the C23 using the WiFi menu in settings? That works for C23 on US H520/ST16S sets.
On the E90 - The ribbons sometimes become degraded without showing any visible signs of damage. And it is remotely possible the IMU may actually be bad. Troubleshooting the cause without sophisticated equipment would involve having a full set of spare parts and swapping one at a time until the problem is found. If the problem is the IMU, the camera will require a new shop level calibration. This camera should probably be sent to a shop for diagnosis and repair.

Reactions: DoomMeister
On the C23 - Have you tried binding the C23 using the WiFi menu in settings? That works for C23 on US H520/ST16S sets.
On the E90 - The ribbons sometimes become degraded without showing any visible signs of damage. And it is remotely possible the IMU may actually be bad. Troubleshooting the cause without sophisticated equipment would involve having a full set of spare parts and swapping one at a time until the problem is found. If the problem is the IMU, the camera will require a new shop level calibration. This camera should probably be sent to a shop for diagnosis and repair.
Thanks for the reply, I was afraid of that conclusion and might have to consider it.
In the meantime, as it seems the default is in the camera, I’ve order a replacement e90 and had a bargain on a e50.

Reactions: WTFDproject
I've had my Cell Phone Camera make that sound often when Recording close to the Drone...
As mentioned by @WTFDproject, I believe you have repair services for cameras.
I’ve been on your web site and wanted to ask if it applies to French west indies residents ?
If so, under what conditions ?

Attn to: @Yuneec Skins

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Yuneec Skins
As mentioned by @WTFDproject, I believe you have repair services for cameras.
I’ve been on your web site and wanted to ask if it applies to French west indies residents ?
If so, under what conditions ?

Attn to: @Yuneec Skins
Sent you a PM...;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook