Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E90 vs CGO3+

Eagle's Eye Video

Global Village Idiot
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Since it has been stated that the performance of the E90 and the upcoming C23 will be very comparable, forum members may be interested in this video direct comparison between the CGO3+ and E90. Credit to the fine work as always, done by the OP, Uwe Loewer.

At 4K, the CGO3+ video footage seems sharper, but as Uwe noted in his comments, he did not set the CGO3+ sharpness setting back to the default before performing this test. Also as he notes, the original quality is degraded by YouTube's compression algorithms. I'm going to email him to see if he's willing to put the original mp4s up on a file sharing site.

Last edited:
Since it has been stated that the performance of the E90 and the upcoming C23 will be very comparable, forum members may be interested in this video direct comparison between the CGO3+ and E90. Credit to the fine work as always, done by the OP, Uwe Loewer.

At 4K, the CGO3+ video footage seems sharper, but as Uwe noted in his comments, he did not set the CGO3+ sharpness setting back to the default before performing this test. Also as he notes, the original quality is degraded by YouTube's compression algorithms. I'm going to email him to see if he's willing to put the original mp4s up on a file sharing site.

A nice comparison that. And I see what you mean when you say that the CGO3+ video footage being sharper, although it it blow out a bit in one of the sunset shots.

Yep, I agree with Uwe, in that sharpness of the CGO3+ footage was artificially enhanced by the in-camera sharpening. But, absolutely the 1" sensor has greater dynamic range and that significantly increases the retained detail in both highlights and shadows.

Also like my own personal experience, I'm sure there is a variation of how well focused a specific lens is on a specific camera. No idea how user accessible, that refocusing process is on the E90 (or upcoming C23). When I choose to add that camera, I will likely purchase from Carolina Dronz, so I can have Frank and crew check the camera before shipping to me.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
essentailhoodie