Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Error upgrading Mantis Q

Reaction score
After several months of not using drone, my friend today turn it on and he went for an upgrade.
But then problem pop-up. Whenever app starts to upload firmware to drone, this weird ...@-@... characters are displayed and app goes to step where drone needs to be connected to remote/app.
So this way he can't upgrade. It keeps looping this way.
Check image here
mantis-upgrade.jpg

He uninstalled app on the smartphone and installed it again, but the problem remains.

Any thoughts what is happening here and how to fix this ?

What brand and model is the phone you are using? If it is an older phone the operating system may be incompatible. An example is an older version of iOS or Android. Also, I believe it will only connect to the 5Gig band. I don’t have a lot of experience with the Mantis, but it’s predecessor, the Breeze would only operate on the 5Gig band.

It is Huawei p30 pro. It was working fine previously.
Anyway in the meantime he tried on another phone where all worked fine.
But like I said, it was working on his phone previously so this is still mistery.

I believe the Mantis is like the Breeze during the upgrade. The phone connects to the aircraft on 5GHz WiFi and the cellular connection is used to connect to Yuneec’s server to do the OTA (Over the Air) upgrade. The Google eyes @-^-@ is a sign that something is not right with the function trying to be performed.

Last edited:
Üdv. Az összehasonlító problémám lenne nekem remélem tudtok benne segìteni ?
Egyedülálló Mantis Q-val lenne szo utolso repülèsen semmi gond nemvolt, majd othon letölthettem a kpepeket, videokamera után egyszercsak kidobott egyedül, miután kidobott egy programot, majd ujra megprobaltam bele, hogy megnézze a nekem egy további üzenet 3 mp után ... @ _ @ .. . Egy gyerek egy programbol egy hibával csatolnèk egy kèpet van.
Repülő nyilvántartások menüpont ez a helyzet ilyen módon csinalja.
Előre köszönöm!

Google Translate:
Hi. The comparative problem would be for me I hope you can help with it ?
There would be no problem with the unique Mantis Q on the last flight, then I was able to download the images at home, after a video camera I suddenly threw it out alone, after throwing out a program, and then I tried it again to see another message for me after 3 seconds ... @ _ @ ... A child from a program with an error attaching an image is.
Flying records menu item this situation does this way.
Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-04-24-18-26-14-369_com.yuneec.android.ob.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-04-24-18-26-14-369_com.yuneec.android.ob.jpg
    849.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:
Üdv. Az összehasonlító problémám lenne nekem remélem tudtok benne segìteni ?
Egyedülálló Mantis Q-val lenne szo utolso repülèsen semmi gond nemvolt, majd othon letölthettem a kpepeket, videokamera után egyszercsak kidobott egyedül, miután kidobott egy programot, majd ujra megprobaltam bele, hogy megnézze a nekem egy további üzenet 3 mp után ... @ _ @ .. . Egy gyerek egy programbol egy hibával csatolnèk egy kèpet van.
Repülő nyilvántartások menüpont ez a helyzet ilyen módon csinalja.
Előre köszönöm!

Google Translate:
Hi. The comparative problem would be for me I hope you can help with it ?
There would be no problem with the unique Mantis Q on the last flight, then I was able to download the images at home, after a video camera I suddenly threw it out alone, after throwing out a program, and then I tried it again to see another message for me after 3 seconds ... @ _ @ ... A child from a program with an error attaching an image is.
Flying records menu item this situation does this way.
Thank you in advance!
Would like to help, but cannot understand what you are asking. Maybe someone that understands Hungarian can understand your post.

Szia. Hasonló probléma lenne, remélem segíthet ?
Az utolsó repülés során nem volt probléma a Mantis Q-vel, de az SD kártya megtelt. Ezután otthon töltöttem le a képeket és videókat, aztán hirtelen kidobott és elküldte egy hibaprogramot, majd 3 másodperc múlva megpróbáltam újból üzenetet küldeni ismét ... @ _ @ ... azóta csak ezt kapom hibaüzenet Csatoltam a képet, hogy kiderüljön, könnyebb-e neked
Ez a helyzet megismétlődik a Repülési rekordok menüpontban.
Előre is köszönöm!

Google Translate:
Hello. It would be a similar problem, I hope it can help ?
There was no problem with the Mantis Q during the last flight, but the SD card was full. Then I downloaded the pictures and videos at home, then suddenly threw them out and sent an error program, then after 3 seconds I tried to send a message again ... @ _ @ ... that's why I only get this error message I've attached the picture to see if it's easier thee
This situation is repeated in the Flight Records menu.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you are saying you lost all of the photos and videos that were on the SD card when you transferred them to your computer. Now when you put the card in the Mantis you get the @_@ (Android google eyes) indicating some error. You might try formatting the card in the Mantis. It is found in the camera settings.
9B6197B3-8B72-42CC-856D-DEC466E0F9AB.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval