Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

EU V US V AU

Reaction score
Hi all
Lost my Typhoon H in the ocean a couple weeks back and am now looking for a replacement. Dont ask me what went wrong..I have no idea..... except....did I press the nogo button...or possibly not clicked in battery?

I am in Australia and bought it 2nd hand from a business in Adelaide and presume my drone was an AU model ie not designated EU or US

Due to exchange rate and low numbers of these in Australia they are not cheap and that includes used ones also.
I have 3 batteries, ST16 controller, spare props, backpack, and UltraPower quad charger, 12v charger and original Yuneec charger all sitting here and which are very lonely.

Therefore I am considering getting a used Typhoon H from the US.
But before I press the buy button I would like to know the following

Will a US designated Typhoon H work in AU?.
Are batteries same on Typhoon H Plus as Typhoon H?
Will Typhoon H Plus work on ST16 controller?

Is there somewhere I can look up this information?

Thanks in advance
Rick

Your present equipment will work with the Typhoon H or H Pro (not H Plus). The only difference between a US TH and a EU TH is the camera firmware and it affects the WiFi to conform to communication laws in the different areas. Either will work there and only takes firmware to change one to the other. I think Australia uses the EU firmware.

Logs....i will research on how to get into them
Thanks h-elsner

edit

ah ah...but what does it all mean???? lol

what files would I need to up load for the brains to look at it and tell me where I went wrong..

Last edited:
what files would I need to up load for the brains to look at it and tell me where I went wrong..
The logs record a lot of information about the aircraft and the controller. If there is a problem during the flight it can generally be explained by reviewing those logs.

Reactions: Rquinn1
Okay I will attach flight log...date of loss was November 13th 2020

Attachments

• FlightLog.zip
    20.1 MB · Views: 2
Reactions: Steve Carr
Hmm, this looks strange. The drone goes down and it looks like a power loss. But the voltage seems to be OK. There is no evidence if and why the power goes down. The throttle up has no effect, again why - strange!

ScreenshotSchnellanalyse_1.png

What about wind? I saw some peaks in pitch and roll when drone starts to go down.
ScreenshotSchnellanalyse_2.png

I think this was the flight where you lost the drone. Did you found/recover it from there?
Telemetry00069.jpg

br HE

Holy **** h-elsner how did you get all that info...yeah that brownish line markings is what I did with the drone.....west along the beach and south a bit and then out over the water.

I had just put the drone on home when over the water...then switched it off to have a look at the gutters (we were fishing) then it just didnt respond to anything and went vertically down...too far out to see if props spinning.

Could it be that I didnt click the battery in correctly. In my packing it up it to take away and as the backpack only a place for two batteries I lifted the drone just enough while in the backpack to insert the third into the drone..I am thinking that I didnt click it in properly??

Almost still conditions...ie no wind

Jan 2020: I had only just bought the drone back in early November 2019 and was still learning to fly.....cant recall anything unusual other than back sometime around then I crashed it in a tree ..cant recall exact date. New motor arm, new mech for landing gear (as one of the legs was cracked when I bought it) and all has been good...as far as I can tell. The battery I was using was one of the new new ones I bought back in january and I have been using the Ultra power charger for charging. Nothing unusual when checking cell voltages.

Last edited:
Is it possible a seagull or the like hit a prop or two?
The sudden change in pitch and tilt suggests something may have hit it since the wind was calm.

Could it be that I didnt click the battery in correctly
I don't believe so. The descent is too slow for a total power loss. It starts with ~2m/s wich is normal, increases slowly to ~6m/s. Total power loss looks different from what I saw in the past.

This looks like a vortex ring state or HW problem to control motors.

br HE

Your present equipment will work with the Typhoon H or H Pro (not H Plus). The only difference between a US TH and a EU TH is the camera firmware and it affects the WiFi to conform to communication laws in the different areas. Either will work there and only takes firmware to change one to the other. I think Australia uses the EU firmware.
I had this problem with a US ST16 and an EU H920: no connection! I am looking for an EU firmware but Yuneec no longer offers it in download.

I don't believe so. The descent is too slow for a total power loss. It starts with ~2m/s wich is normal, increases slowly to ~6m/s. Total power loss looks different from what I saw in the past.

This looks like a vortex ring state or HW problem to control motors.

br HE
Thanks for your help h-elsner

Looks like I am insured for this loss....that is the good news for this year!!! hooray.,,,good Xmas present.

As the H Pro is now superseded by the H Plus is there anything I should be aware of ...i know it has different batteries and props...but does it fly as good or better ?

Anything else?

Cheers
Rick

• Wow
Outstanding.
Yes, a lot of differences. There is a learning curve when making the transition and you should download the updated user manual on the Typhoon H Plus "How to" section.
The Plus is faster, smoother and longer flight times. The C23 is a much better camera and provides a lot more detail in photos and video. However, it is also more fragile so exercise care when handling it. Paint the gimbal lock or tape flagging to it so you don't forget to remove it. Don't launch until you have at least 15 sats on the aircraft. Land at 30% battery.
You will love this kit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech