Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Expensive Typhoon H Gimbal Camera Cover

Reaction score
GIMBAL COVER.jpg

I had returned by CGO3+ camera to Yuneec and included my plastic Gimbal Camera Cover with it. Yuneec sent me a replacement camera, but with no Gimbal Camera Cover.

I advised Yuneec of this and they sent a plastic cover out to me at no cost.... so I thought. I received it today and the good folks at UPS charged me $23.71 for customs duty (because UPS had to fill out missing paperwork is what UPS told me). This gimbal cover has got to be like a $5 item.

Well, that is the most expensive gimbal cover I now own (more expensive than a full set of propellors). :)

Last edited:
Goddamned Customs and their rip off duties. Holy moly that sucks.

Quick story: I once ordered about 50€ worth of various hobby-related parts from Hobby King, all went through their "international warehouse." My order comes UPS to me here in Spain and before delivery, they email me Customs paperwork with various charges, taxes, and "duties" included. These total charges exceeded the fricken value of my order!

I complained to UPS and was told by a completely indifferent clerk that I could either pay up or refuse the delivery. I chose to refuse it and promptly put it in writing along with a "shove your paperwork and duties up your arse" retort. Frustrating...very frustrating.:mad:

Goddamned Customs and their rip off duties. Holy moly that sucks.

Let's point the finger correctly. This is *UPS* not customs.

My in-laws sent us a $100 breadmaker from the US to Canada a couple of years ago, and made the mistake of using UPS. Our taxes & duties to collect this were close to $100 -- when you look at the breakdown, however, you notice that there was a $75 brokerage fee - basically the charge that UPS levied for the privilege of walking your package across the border.

Let's point the finger correctly. This is *UPS* not customs.

My in-laws sent us a $100 breadmaker from the US to Canada a couple of years ago, and made the mistake of using UPS. Our taxes & duties to collect this were close to $100 -- when you look at the breakdown, however, you notice that there was a $75 brokerage fee - basically the charge that UPS levied for the privilege of walking your package across the border.
I won't order any items if the vendor insists on UPS. USPS items almost always come with NO extra charges. Postal deliveries from China never seem to have extra charges, although they take 3-6 weeks to get here (Canada).

I won't order any items if the vendor insists on UPS. USPS items almost always come with NO extra charges. Postal deliveries from China never seem to have extra charges, although they take 3-6 weeks to get here (Canada).
UPS are gangsters, period. FedEx is just about as bad IMHO. This added to the corrupt "aduanas" (Customs) here in Spain, and life becomes expensive real quick. Totally agree with your remark about the USPS. The few times I've had stuff shipped to me from the U.S. to here via USPS, I haven't faced the extortion of duties and "fees" like I do with UPS or FedEx. Quick story: Two years ago my sister-in-law sent a small little X-mas trinket to my daughter, but insured it for $75 and sent it UPS. Upon arrival here Spanish Customs (via paperwork provided by UPS) demanded 45 EUROS (not $!!) in duties and fees. I told them to go ***k themselves and rejected the package. It's all so pathetic! :mad:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval