Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Experienced pilot very disappointed!!

Reaction score
I'm not sure where to begin. There are so many problems with Typhoon G, right out of the box. Again i have been in the hobby for a long time now. I rep other companies mainly in helicoper industry. I know one of the guys who left Align to work for Yuneec. I have DJI products and know them pretty well. Without my experience I would have had to return this model already. I decided to try something different, mostly because I wanted handheld gimbal, so far I am regretting my decision and will probably return it to the store. I will list all issues so far. TX battery completely dead. Had to charge as a NIMH just to get enough power into it so that it would register on any charger. Rechargeable NIMH AA batteries don't fit in handheld remote but fit in amy other devices I put them in. Firmware on TX won't update (it can't seem to see files). At least one motor sounds like it's bad or going bad (grinding noise when changing speeds, could be an ESC problem also). Gimbal not working (can't get it to do anything, and it looks very cheap compared to Zenmuse DJI gimbal, motors are tiny) but need to get it working before I can judge it. I will give Yuneec a call tomorrow and depending on response I may or may not post my review online. My friends in the industry will probably just say "I told you so". I have not searched the fourms yet for answers to my issues but I really should not have to when a product like this is being sold at Bestbuy not at a high end hobby store.

Reactions: Jack1926
Sorry to hear your grief. It can happen to any product line. I moderate a site for pellet stoves and even the better stove lines have a bad egg once in a while. I ran through three batteries in my G yesterday for the first day of flying. Was a nice Easter. Got 2 batteries through a Q500 this AM. Not going to update anything till they have something to really offer. Hope to fly tomorrow with camera on the Q.
I heard of someone else with a funky St10 that sucked the life out of the batteries. I have had the one unit for over two months and still full power till I used yesterday without charging.
Good luck

Reactions: Jack1926
Hi Shannon,

Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconvenience we have caused you. Please call tech support at 1-844-898-6332 or message me your contact info so I may have tech support reach out to you.

I have had good luck with my Yuneec Typhoon G. Flies great.
Flies in the wind great - even 20 MPH wind up high.

The propellers are fragile and unforgiving if you tip the copter.

I have crashed it 5 times. Moved it to a new air frame twice.
Patching it now with JB Wield Epoxy when I crash it.

Lots of fun.
Hovers great.
Gimbal is very smooth.
Works great with Hero 4.

I have no complaints - except that when it does crash it really gets damaged.

You just can't crash it.

My friend sent me the Typhoon G after he crashed it and I rebuilt it into a new air frame. So my insides of the Typhoon G have been thru 6 crashes. The motors do not like to get hit in a crash and can develop noise or a wobble after a crash and those should be replaced.

At the $499 price point it is a good deal.
The ST10 is a fully featured controller that is fun to use and the video link back to see what the Hero 4 sees is outstanding.

Hi Shannon,

Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconvenience we have caused you. Please call tech support at 1-844-898-6332 or message me your contact info so I may have tech support reach out to you.
This is a very encouraging response to a customer's complaint. I am truly impressed and it will have a definite effect on future decisions I am wrestling with now.

I hope this attitude and policy remains constant.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval