Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Extend the range for Typhoon H Plus

If I wanna extend the range (3-4 miles) for Typhoon H Plus, then which will be the best?
You must have INCREDIBLE eyesight! I can't see mine beyond about 2500'....and by then it's getting pretty close to the horizon even at 400'.

If I wanna extend the range (3-4 miles) for Typhoon H Plus, then which will be the best?
Generally those who attempt to fly beyond visual line of sight (BVLOS) are unlikely to see their drone again. There are so many things that can go wrong it becomes increasingly risky to fly long distance. Oceans, rivers, trees and mountains are filled with millions of lost drones, cameras and batteries. That is not an exaggeration. It's reality. These systems are simply not designed nor intended to do that.

Jumping over all morality and precautions, the H+ is not designed for long-distance work. What is your goal, which you will do on 3 or 4 miles? If you try to do photogrammetry or some similar, just buy a drone, which is designed for this. H+ is a perfect video recording platform and nothing more.

Leaving aside all those valid arguments above regarding legality, I got great results extending the range of Typhoon H+ using the 4hawks Raptor SR antenna.
I've also made a range test on an area with extreme interference and got great results; I can go much further now on my "test area" than using either stock antennas.
Check out my test video.

If you want even better range, you can also go for the 4hawks Raptor XR antenna, this one is more directional than the SR however and you need to aim the H+ more carefully.

Reactions: Cecil
Leaving aside all those valid arguments above regarding legality, I got great results extending the range of Typhoon H+ using the 4hawks Raptor SR antenna.
I've also made a range test on an area with extreme interference and got great results; I can go much further now on my "test area" than using either stock antennas.
Check out my test video.

If you want even better range, you can also go for the 4hawks Raptor XR antenna, this one is more directional than the SR however and you need to aim the H+ more carefully.
Thanks a lot for for your nice suggestion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone