Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

EZ Cruz

Reaction score
For over a year now, I have been developing an add on adapter for the RH stick on a ST16/ST16s base station, which is simple to install, use and remove. It has 6 discrete positions for speed adustment from 0 to full (in pitch, or roll or combination of both). No change is required to the stick, simply place it over the stick into the well and place the "compass ring" over as "retainer". Then, any position of the stick can be instantly increased or reduced by moving the slider a notch or more and can be quickly removed in case of emergency by simply lifting out of the well by the dial handle.

The device allows the pilot to set a certain speed and trajectory with the RH stick and "continuously steer the aircraft" or leave it set to one direction (forward, backward, left or right or any combination). This allows more freedom to focus on the LH stick for Alt and Yaw and to modify the camera tilt/yaw. It makes "crane" video shots smooth and controllable. You can do manual POI shots and "inside-out POI shots" and will discover lots of other uses.

I will try to get a video up today showing it in use. This is probably not for a rookie pilot, and of course I am not liable for any damage due to misuse or pilot error.

I have a few of these that I 3D printed and if you are interested send me a private message about how to aquire one. There is a considerable amount of post-printing work to finish one of these and test it for fit and function, so after the first few are gone, after that there would be a delay to build more - possibly a week after ordering. Here are a few pics - works on the st16/16s, so H480, H520, H+, H920+ (Have not tried it for fit on the ST24, but might work if the RH stick well is the same)

Attachments

• IMG_0651.JPG
    IMG_0651.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0653.JPG
    IMG_0653.JPG
    7.6 MB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0654.JPG
    IMG_0654.JPG
    7.6 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0655.JPG
    IMG_0655.JPG
    7.4 MB · Views: 103
Last edited by a moderator:
This looks great, both in design & functionality.
Great work! Appears to operate very nicely & with a quick eject if needed.

I've never looked very close, that might work on other radios too... like the Cendence.
I'll PM you... might add that to my production run in queue.;)

I really liked the cruise control that I had on my 480 but don’t have on my H Plus. I think yours works better. Let us know where they will be available. Good work.

Gentle Men,
Typilot, invented and produced one of these for the H plus some nearly 2 years ago. It is very simple with less moving parts it is in the early treads of the H plus section. I just forget what he called it but @ Typilot he also made the carbon fiber tray for the st16 controllers. Have a look there also and compare for your needs. Johnno Hennessy.

Reactions: davemh
Gentle Men,
Typilot, invented and produced one of these for the H plus some nearly 2 years ago. It is very simple with less moving parts it is in the early treads of the H plus section. I just forget what he called it but @ Typilot he also made the carbon fiber tray for the st16 controllers. Have a look there also and compare for your needs. Johnno Hennessy.
Steady drive, I have it as well

I thought about mentioning TyPilot‘s SD, and edited out to give attention to OP‘s introduction of his device: EzCruz.

They serve same purpose, and thus have similar design. There are differences: construction & material, method of placement, retention and method of incrementing the amount or degree of stick input. EzCruz doesn’t require removing the stick’s knob & transferring knob to device, increments in series of small steps vs screwing a tension knob for input degree.

I see the drop-in without removing & transferring knob as a nice design. The increment “step’ vs “tension“ adjustment... one may provide a easier increase, the other more latitude in degree of change. The retainer ring may be a benefit to retain, it doesn’t appear to interfere quick removal.

Two similar tools, with design differences.
I think the EzCruz is a nice addition to the selection of tools, as well as the SteadyDrive. The EzCruz clearly had some well thought out design in CAD and manufacture.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
How much are you charging Inc shipping to UK I also bought the tray from typilot a few years ago definitely worth having

Shipping Overseas might be bigger variable than normal. I was purchasing from KopterDream and they had to modify shipping due to Covid19 polices.

The normal low cost German Postage (10EU) was not allowed to send to USA due to Covid19 polices. Only DHL was allowed to ship and at a substantial increase in normal rates. I think the DHL postage was 30EU higher than it's normal rate of 30EU.

I'm sure it probably effects both ways during this Covid19 ordeal.

Last edited:
I have reasonable shipping rates now for EU and UK.
If anyone is waiting for a conversation reply, let me know, i may have missed omeone.
Thanks, Dan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop