Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FAA Safety Team ~FAASTeam, Safer Skies Through Education

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I'd like to personally offer an invitation for each of you to consider joining the FAA's Safety Team program and becoming a FAASTeam member. The Mission Statement for the FAASTeam is:

1569373128242.png
FAASTeam Mission Statement
Lower the Nation’s aviation accident rate by conveying safety principles and practices through training, outreach, and education; while establishing partnerships and encouraging the continual growth of a positive safety culture within the aviation community.

The FAASTeam logo connotes safety of flight and conveys the concept that the FAASTeam is part of the FAA, implying we are authoritative, and suggests we are approachable by the aviation community.

The FAA is genuinely trying to bring UAS into the "Fold" with aviation and as such we can expect to see more and more UAS centered content from FAASTeam. Sign up now at:
FAASafety.gov

Once you have your account created and you're logged in you can go to
Login - FAA - FAASTeam - FAASafety.gov and modify your profile so you get the information that's pertinent to you and where you live/operate. Be sure to check the appropriate boxes under your WINGS Profile and then set your location preference under Seminar Preferences.

Sincerely,
Allen

Last edited:
Reactions: oldcaptainrusty
Not for us over the pond, then?

I'm not familiar with other country's equivalent to the US FAA but if yours doesn't have something like this in place currently hopefully they will follow the FAA and create something. It might be worth while to reach out to your country's Aviation Authority and inquire about such a program.

I'm not familiar with other country's equivalent to the US FAA but if yours doesn't have something like this in place currently hopefully they will follow the FAA and create something. It might be worth while to reach out to your country's Aviation Authority and inquire about such a program.
The CAA in the U.K. doesn't have anything like FAASTeam , not at the moment anyway if you discount the 'Share The Air' scheme. We are getting a registration scheme to be in force by the end of November and a more significant shake up of drone laws in Summer next year (which has a danger of putting the small commercial drone operator out of business by all accounts). As mentioned above, the CAA does, however, have a 'Share The Air' scheme but that is confined largely to the odd meeting at some airport to be lectured to...and those airports where these events occur are usually in the Southern end of England...useless to me living in the North of England even if I wanted to be lectured at.

The situation in the U.K. at the moment is an utter shambles. We are unlikely to be getting anything positive from the authorities at the moment or in the near future. Yesterday, the government were found to be acting illegally by the supreme court by advising the queen to suspend parliament for a queen's speech. This is a significant issue that will go down in history because it goes to the heart of our unwritten constitution. The prime minister is being invited to resign and the government opposition is gunning for a general election just as soon as they are sure that there will not be a hard brexit...but the prime minister would love a general election right now because that would ensure that hard brexit he so craves. Everything is up in the air at the moment. The CAA are currently in the midst of the largest peace time repatriation of U.K. citizens currently stranded abroad due to the collapse of a major tour operator. If I contact the CAA about something like FAASTeam at the moment and expect a positive reply I better not try and hold my breath while waiting.

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval