Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Faa uas DoC

What doc, and in reference to what?

I'm guessing he means the new FAA Declaration of Compliance....mentioned in the Category definitions for flights over people. It's a doc that the manufacturer (or other) submits to the FAA and says the aircraft complies with RID specs for a certain category.

If your aircraft is registered, you can go to the FAA's Drone Zone web page and log in. If your registered aircraft has a DoC, it is supposed to show up.
Where is it supposed to show up? I'm looking at my inventory now and don't see anything about it or a spot for it.

It's supposed to be on your inventory page, but i couldn't find mine either. I did get my Q500 reregisterd, if that means anything.

I doubt you will see a Declaration of Compliance for RID/Flight Over People Category (1,2,3,4) anytime soon, for any currently produced aircraft on the market. Highly doubtful for any aircraft no longer in production.

Instead, keep an eye out for aftermarket, add on modules that will soon be hitting the market. One of those, with its mfgr paperwork, plus any documentation you can provide on your aircraft (what you've done to make it compliant) should allow you to properly craft and submit a DoC for your bird.

Of course, this is still 2 years away...so it's way too soon to even start worrying about it. 2 years from now you very well may have a new drone that complies and has a DoC registered with the FAA

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval