Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Failed to initialize camera

Reaction score
For no reason I can think of and after using Typhoon H for a long time, when booting up yesterday, I got the message "Failed to initialize camera" and "Receiver was not selected". Photos attached. I have tried everything I can think of. Ideas, suggestions and HELP needed. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2007.jpg
    IMG_2007.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2009.jpg
    IMG_2009.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
For no reason I can think of and after using Typhoon H for a long time, when booting up yesterday, I got the message "Failed to initialize camera" and "Receiver was not selected". Photos attached. I have tried everything I can think of. Ideas, suggestions and HELP needed. Thanks
This is an interesting failure. It is fairly normal for the controller to display "Failed to initialize camera" for a few seconds AFTER video is shown on screen. But yours is also not showing video. The fact you got the "connection established" message on the binding screen tells us a lot of the process is working. The first target would be the controller, but the camera is still a real possibility. So some elimination is in order.
1.) Do you have another controller or a smartphone you can use to see if it will connect with the camera?
2.) Similar, do you have another camera you can use to see if it will connect to the controller?
3.) Have you removed the SD card from the camera to see if it will connect without the SD card installed?
4.) Have you done any recent firmware updates, controller reset, new apps on the controller?
5.) Can you think of anything at all that happened or changed between the last time the system worked correctly and the first time it did not?

I've had this issue when I forgot to remove the gimbal lock. Just curious???

It is free and working, in fact ALL the camera functions work, Tilt, Pan, Etc. It just remains black screen

Check the camera video with the CGO3 app for android. If it is OK, this should be a broken UART connection from the gimbal to the WiFi board of the camera.

It is difficult to follow the issue when it is in more than one Forum and thread. I've copied the other responses here. I would suggest we use only this thread just to keep things easier.

@alphoto50 : So it gets stranger. I took out the SD card and rebooted. The first time it worked as it should, a little slow but it read the camera. I re-erased the card put it back and tried again and as before, same problem. Then I took out the card and tried. This time it initialized the camera, but the screen was black. So, I am lost. I have done nothing new, in fact I dont make any updates, because I dont want to lose my NFZ blocker. This is Florida so even though I am careful, it may have gotten hot, but I have been using it for years, with no problems. I do have an iPhone 12, but do not know how to use it to connect. Thanks again for any assistance.

@WTFDproject: There are a lot of possibilities here. It could be a firmware issue rather than hardware. Some things you can try:
1.) Reset the Controller -

2.) Reset the camera. Take out the SD card. Power up the camera. Press both of the small buttons beside the SD card slot, and let it reboot.
(2) Looking for a CGO3 | Yuneec Drone Forum (yuneecpilots.com)

3.) Re-install firmware on controller and camera.

Reactions: Steve Carr
@alphoto50

You stated in one response “I do have an iPhone 12, but do not know how to use it to connect. Thanks again for any assistance.”

With the camera powered up and initialized go to WiFi settings on your iPhone. Look for CGO3_P_xxxxxx in the SSID list ( the x’s are the last 6 digits of the camera’s MAC address). Select it and enter the password 1234567890 and join. It may warn that there is no internet available. If you can connect it means the camera WiFi is working.

There are two apps you can use to test for video feed from the camera. The first is ‎CGO by Yuneec. You can operate the camera from this app.

The other is ‎IPCams - IP Camera Viewer and you can observe the video feed with it. This is usable to let someone else observe what the camera is seeing while you are in flight.

I tried using my iPhone 12 to connect. Wifi works, no problem. CGO app cant initialize camera, so I am guessing, it is the Camera. Can I use the CGO3 from my other H and just Bind it to the other controller

Thanks Much, I am doing all this to try and save my NFZ release, which I assume is in the controller, so did not want to reset controller. I am a Mac guy and using a PC to update, install, etc is a genuine nightmare for me

Thanks Much, I am doing all this to try and save my NFZ release, which I assume is in the controller, so did not want to reset controller. I am a Mac guy and using a PC to update, install, etc is a genuine nightmare for me
The NFZ release is definitely in the aircraft and not the ST16 or the camera.

Thanks, all the assistance and advice available on this forum is truly amazing. I just hope I am able to return it someday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval