Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Fall from sky? What happened!?!

@DarienR1 and others, just to be clear, Toophless was NOT flying a Plus, and in fact was not even flying a Typhoon H, his aircraft was a Q-500.

The item for recovery is called a 'Getterback' it is a fishing rod recovery system originally but now they market to our industry as well. I have been flying with one for almost two years and never had to use it but it does give piece of Mind. The way it works is; you mount it to your aircraft securely and should it fall in the water, a chemical reaction deploys the flotation bobber and it comes to the surface attached to a 100 foot Kevlar line to allow you to retrieve. Here is where I have one mounted on my standard Typhoon H.

View attachment 11093
Getterback, i cannot find this product in Europe...:(
I also do not find the waterbuoy, 2 are enough to raise an H or H +
Waterbuoy - Coming Soon

Last edited:
I am pretty happy with Yuneec's service and follow up. The refurbed H480 I bought for a backup that dropped from 70 feet was repaired and returned. After calibration it fired up. hovered fine and I ran it out about 120 feet and it.....shutdown and plummeted to the ground... Sent it back to Kavservice, who is doing Yuneec's service now, and told them they might check the controller as the drone was completely rebuilt. After speaking with Yuneec I got an email from them asking about the repairs. I gave them the story on #2 and I see that a replacement has been shipped back to me the day after Kavservice received it. Must be a complete replacement. They are also sending 2 new batteries to replace the 2 that were damaged in the failures. Now lets see if the 3rd one actually flies for a while! Yuneec Service may be getting its act together!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace