Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Finally flew the H+

Reaction score
After having my H480 since 3-2017 I decided to purchase a used H+,
I was rather impressed and then horrified, but only for a moment.

Weather was perfect 68° slight wind.
I watched @Ty Pilot video on the characteristics of the ST-16S Interface and Smart Mode video, menu navigation. very very helpful!

So I only flew for 15:22 minutes. battery went from 100% to 48%.
Turtle mode, yea that was interesting! On the H480 Turtle mode I can just take right off no issue, not the H+, I needed to increase ¼ to Rabbit mode in order to lift off manually.

Ok, I'll have to get use to that. Yes there is the auto take of mode, but hey, I like flying old school.
Hovered for about 3 minutes 10' agl with gears down, then forward speed V1, V2 rotate up to 86'. Yea yea I try to think I'm flying fixed wings. Which I have!
I headed home and in range for a landing, left downwind, base then final, that's when I noticed what I thought was an issue, (do not panic) ok what and why am I not descending???
Hmmm, so I decided to hover and think things through, I able to ascend, yaw, and roll, why can't I descend??

So I decided to toggle to home mode (auto pilot), once I was about 15' I selected angle mode to hover, I wanted to see if I can descend manually now?
Nope, noda, back to home mode, just an ok auto landing. I can do better!

I shut down everything, then restarted, lifted to 7 feet, same issue!!!!????
Then I realized, yes you might have guessed it, I WAS IN FULL TURTLE MODE! Turtle mode is so slow and from a distance it very difficult to see the descent.

I should have been looking at my new glass cockpit altitude indicator... geeezzzzz! But I had fun!
I like the new glass cockpit, but lots to learn before I really go cross country..

I'm bad where and when punctuation should or shouldn't be.

Attachments

• YUN_right here-copyright-resz - Copy.jpg
    YUN_right here-copyright-resz - Copy.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Yeah the slow mode on the H Plus is really useful in smooth horizontal flight, but for any vertical you gotta bump it up a bit. Also, like you I had a 480 for almost three years and never had one of the common issues with Typhoons - dirty pots on the sticks, but with my Plus I have had to go in three times in 2.5 years so now I check the sticks before each flight. Congrats on the new bird.

Also, like you I had a 480 for almost three years and never had one of the common issues with Typhoons - dirty pots on the sticks, but with my Plus I have had to go in three times in 2.5 years so now I check the sticks before each flight.
This supports my theory that oder gimbal aggregats are better than the later one.

I never had problems with ST10+ and gimbal aggregats look the same. Those stick problems are very rare at Q500.
I bought a crashed Typhoon H and also all good. After that I would like to have a camera (the crashed one was easy to repair but the camera gimbal was destroyed) and bought a new Typhoon H. This one had the newer ST16 with 3 antenna outside. Stick problems occured soon. Then it went creazy and made suicide. Yuneec proved as warranty case and sent me replacement. It was an very old refurbished H80 with 2-antenna ST16 and old FW. Not nice, but this one flies without problems until now - no problems with pots!

br HE

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Yeah the slow mode on the H Plus is really useful in smooth horizontal flight, but for any vertical you gotta bump it up a bit. Also, like you I had a 480 for almost three years and never had one of the common issues with Typhoons - dirty pots on the sticks, but with my Plus I have had to go in three times in 2.5 years so now I check the sticks before each flight. Congrats on the new bird.
I concur, with my H480 I usually spray the sticks before any flights, however I only fly the H every month or two now. It's a great bird. I'm deciding whether to sell it or not?

I concur, with my H480 I usually spray the sticks before any flights, however I only fly the H every month or two now. It's a great bird. I'm deciding whether to sell it or not?
Well hello everyone it has almost been a year since I’ve been on this thing.

I am glad to hear there are some people steal running the Typhoon H I bought my H Pro when they first came out . It was my first drone when I first got it I crashed it twice and asked because I did not know how to fly then. But now I know and I love it in spite of what people may say about it Typhoon product will always be the product that I buy. I have only updated my Typhoon H once since I’ve had it

and the reason for that way I bought it from the technician told me not to update it unless I have to

he updated once and since I’ve been using it all list long time I never had any problems.

I have heard people send each time the updated they had problems that the more reason for me not to update minds maybe some people updated because maybe it helps them but for as I’m concerned is not necessary given what I’ve put this drone through am very happy with it I haven’t had any problems since I have always flown it is maximum distance and more I’m happy with it. I do not use my drone to make money I enjoyed just planet in open country I’m in Pennsylvania up in the mountains so I don’t have to worry about people being around me. If need be emergency arrive I will help out with my drone volunteers what I do I am also a volunteer fireman and fire police. So everyone keep on with to keep it on with the Typhoon H and have one I will return when I can right now we are dealing with a snowstorm. No other country it has been pretty bad appear you guys hanging out real returns

pH

I've always maintained if it isn't broke, don't fix it! If we learned anything when the Plus came out, it was that a succession of Yuneec updates were brought about to fix problems from previous updates - I was lucky in that once my bird was flying true, I left it alone and its still working great today.

I have always thought the Typhoon platform was one of the all-around best of the consumer drones. Now that the wave of new drones from about 2010 to 2018 has slowed down to a trickle, this has been reinforced. I purchased one of those 'other' drones last year as I needed to have a compact lightweight drone that I could hike and bike with. After a year with it I am even more impressed with just how good the Plus is in nearly every respect save for a few - in my case portability is all that a Typhoon does not do well. I am in the process of making a new video with a head to head comparison of the venerable Typhoon H Plus and the 'mighty' Mavic 2 Pro. ;) I think y'all can see were this is heading.

What spray do you use? Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal