Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Finally it happened!

Up Date;
All put together now!:D
In house with out propellers I tested the motors, no issues.:D
Tested the camera, all functions working properly and recording.:D
I took numerous photos as I was working on the repair.:eek:o_O
o_OThis is what my eyes looked like yesterday evening.
This morning I soldered all the wires back to the mini camera board.
The plastic pins that hold the gimble brackets were not in great shape so I decide to use another method which I will post a picture later.
I just happen to have lock nuts and Teks lath screws #8x1", the diameter and length fit perfect allowing it to still have the flexibility to wiggle.:rolleyes::D
This is what my facial expression is this morning.:):p:D:cool::rolleyes:
Will be going out to fly here shortly.
No I'm not going to fly without the camera.
That's like going out and testing the airworthiness after a 100 hour inspection on a AH-1G, and not trusting the person who worked on it. :cool:
So we went and did several maneuvers including a hammer head at 9000' down range Ft. Carson Colorado:cool::cool::cool: 1976.
Geeezzzz the blade did hold up after all???:eek:
As a crew chief I got to do a lot of flying. NOE:cool::cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Flight went perfectly no issues. Here's what's left of 3 blades.
2nd picture I use this lath screw and lock nut in place of the plastic pins. Lock nut is purposely inverted.
3rd pic shows it assembled and of cousrs the very professional TyPilot Tray!
Oh, background image, yea had too!

Broken Blades.jpgLath Screw.jpgCamera mounted and tested on H.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: rdonson
Up Date;
All put together now!:D
In house with out propellers I tested the motors, no issues.:D
Tested the camera, all functions working properly and recording.:D
I took numerous photos as I was working on the repair.:eek:o_O
o_OThis is what my eyes looked like yesterday evening.
This morning I soldered all the wires back to the mini camera board.
The plastic pins that hold the gimble brackets were not in great shape so I decide to use another method which I will post a picture later.
I just happen to have lock nuts and Teks lath screws #8x1", the diameter and length fit perfect allowing it to still have the flexibility to wiggle.:rolleyes::D
This is what my facial expression is this morning.:):p:D:cool::rolleyes:
Will be going out to fly here shortly.
No I'm not going to fly without the camera.
That's like going out and testing the airworthiness after a 100 hour inspection on a AH-1G, and not trusting the person who worked on it. :cool:
So we went and did several maneuvers including a hammer head at 9000' down range Ft. Carson Colorado:cool::cool::cool: 1976.
Geeezzzz the blade did hold up after all???:eek:
As a crew chief I got to do a lot of flying. NOE:cool::cool:

it sounds like you went through **** and high water but things are floating and swimming good now keep up the good flying.
Keith

Reactions: AH-1G
Better than the way jets got tested at north island after a repair or maitamce cycle .. strap the jet down on the tarmac and run the engines up full speed for an hour and see if she holds ...

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Better than the way jets got tested at north island after a repair or maitamce cycle .. strap the jet down on the tarmac and run the engines up full speed for an hour and see if she holds ...

wow no kidding.
Strap them right down huh

Bounced mine and tipped over after I completed a task. The comment from the customer... "Is it meant to land upside down?" :mad:

After several flights this morning for an A/C contractor lifting new A/C units on Walgreen Stores, it was time to land. Yep just another typical landing, ohhh hummm. Easy does it, slow on landing no bouncing, :cool:, arrrrrrrrrrrg:eek: what's going ono_O, my H skipping across the parking lot!
Keeping my cool:eek:o_O:eek:o_O:eek:o_O I'm trying to make sure it's not going to take off anywhere causing havoc.
So keeping my finger on the deceleration stick and while holding down the off button, hoping is will be ok, but to no avail it wound up with 3 broken blades and a dislodged camera.:confused:
At first why me, what caused it????
So while driving home I'm going through my depleting brain what actions I was doing when this occurred.
Ahhh, now I think realized what I did :(.
As I was holding down the deceleration control stick, and once I heard the motors purr down, I accidentally let the stick flop back up :oops::rolleyes:.
Though this is an easy fix to solder back the wires, it is rather embarrassing to say the least, especially when the President of the A/C Company was there.
Lesson; Not sure yet? errr, my ego is hurt;).
So no, I'm not going to blame it on a tree or underground wire, just pilot error.:)
Oh by the way, I'm not proficient where to put commas and periods. Writing is not my forte. :p
I am sorry for your mishaps and thanks for sharing your information. You are right, letting the stick go instantly, sprung a bit pass the middle and thus the mishaps. You gentlemen are making us who read behind the scenes better pilots each day from lessons learned. Hope all goes well with your repairs.

I am sorry for your mishaps and thanks for sharing your information. You are right, letting the stick go instantly, sprung a bit pass the middle and thus the mishaps. You gentlemen are making us who read behind the scenes better pilots each day from lessons learned. Hope all goes well with your repairs.
Camera works fine now, it was a good experience to repair it. Actually an easy but lengthy fix.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop