Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firgrove: Test flights after being grounded for over two months

FlushVision

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Before this footage was shot the other day the last time I flew my H480 was on 31st December...New Year's Eve. This was as a result of bad weather and other commitments. However, I saw a window in the weather last Thursday so charged three batteries up and shot out to some playing fields a few miles away. This video is from footage captured during the first of the three flights.

Shot at 4K, manual, 800 shutter. Temp was 5c with 12 MPH wind at Firgrove Playing Fields Rochdale, Gtr Manchester, England.

I like the shadows of clouds on the ground, those storms past few week have been a real pain the A. How's that GiFi battery holding up?

Nice! So jealous of your flying area., all the athletic fields near me have huge light poles all over them, a bit disconcerting when you are learning. I also liked the shadows, especially when you were in sync and it almost looked like it you were flying a really big drone casting that shadow, LOL.

I like the shadows of clouds on the ground, those storms past few week have been a real pain the A. How's that GiFi battery holding up?
Not flown the Giffi since new year's eve. These flights last Thursday were done using three older batteries that hadn't been used since November last year. This winter has proved difficult to get much flying in so I'm having to be very particular in my battery management.

Nice! So jealous of your flying area., all the athletic fields near me have huge light poles all over them, a bit disconcerting when you are learning. I also liked the shadows, especially when you were in sync and it almost looked like it you were flying a really big drone casting that shadow, LOL.
If I had waited another day, Friday turned out to be CAVOK so I wouldn't have had cloud shadows. Problem was that due to other things going on I couldn't fly on Friday.

I flew there because the place was more suited to test flying which, essentially, was what I was doing due to not having flown it for over two months. I live on the edge of an urban area on the slopes of the Pennines in England. To the East of where I live, then, starting just a couple of hundred yards away I have the Pennine moors with Crompton Moor just half a mile away. It follows, then, that I have some stunning scenery just a few minutes drive away with many sites ok for flying drones. Indeed, although Crompton Moor is a conservation area I have a special permission from the conservation group to fly there in exchange for doing some aerial work for them from time to time.

(CAVOK = Ceiling And Visibility OK)

Last edited:
Not flown the Giffi since new year's eve. These flights last Thursday were done using three older batteries that hadn't been used since November last year. This winter has proved difficult to get much flying in so I'm having to be very particular in my battery management.
So say high pressure is coming next weekend, so hopefully some flying time.

So say high pressure is coming next weekend, so hopefully some flying time.
Yes. Next week looks promising. I would have liked to have gone out today: we have blue cloudless sky here ATM but the wind is gusting pretty strong at the moment and is set to gust at around 50MPH later today here in the North. Tomorrow looks better but I have other commitments in the way so no flying tomorrow.

Next week, then, hopefully will see a few flights...yayyy

Yes. Next week looks promising. I would have liked to have gone out today: we have blue cloudless sky here ATM but the wind is gusting pretty strong at the moment and is set to gust at around 50MPH later today here in the North. Tomorrow looks better but I have other commitments in the way so no flying tomorrow.

Next week, then, hopefully will see a few flights...yayyy
Unless we're all in Quarantine!

Unless we're all in Quarantine!
My car broke today. looks like I'm going no-where till it's fixed unless I can swing my backpack on my back and go on my motorbike...which, incidentally, currently has a flat rear tyre. Dayum.

My car broke today. looks like I'm going no-where till it's fixed unless I can swing my backpack on my back and go on my motorbike...which, incidentally, currently has a flat rear tyre. Dayum.
Never rains but it pours.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytingarden1