Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware and OEM Manuals

Good source, but I still can’t find a link to the latest firmware for the Chroma. Does anyone have a link or know where I can download this? I believe it’s version 1.03

Good source, but I still can’t find a link to the latest firmware for the Chroma. Does anyone have a link or know where I can download this? I believe it’s version 1.03
Brent,
I don't know how familiar you are with updates. Please forgive me if you are already aware. But unnecessary updates account for a large percentage of the self inflicted wounds you will see on the Forum. Updates are risky. There are not a lot of recovery options if things go wrong.

With that said, there is at least one update available in this link. I do not know what version it is. The title date implies it is from August of 2015.

Hi guys thanks for the replies. I've had a few Chromas in the past and recently bought another. I've done the fw upgrades on the previous quads, but really the only reason for the fw upgrade on the new one is because I heard the live feed range improves. Is this true? Other than the short feed range, the quad flies just fine so I am a bit reluctant to change anything if there is no gain.

Not sure if you are talking about control range or video range. I don't think the control range ever changed since the original. The video feed range is a function of the camera firmware. EU camera firmware has less range than the equivalent US camera firmware due to restrictions imposed by the EU.

What camera do you have, and what version firmware is loaded?

The video range, but I have the US GoPro model so I'm not sure if any of this would even work for me. Right now the video feed goes to about 400 maybe 500 feet (no obstructions) before it starts to cut out. How can I improve the range while still using the GoPro and Yuneec downlink system? Is an antenna mod worth it? Is there a different FPV transmitter I can use on the quad?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone