Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

firmware latest version

Just downloaded from the US site again....no change! When I click on the ST zipped folder I get two folders; one titled 'firmware' (not zipped)...when I click on that I get two folders and a text file...folders are 'rf' and 'tx' and the text file is 'yuneec'. The second folder is 'update' and it is zipped...when I try to open it a box opens up requesting a password. When I click on the zipped Typhoon folder it opens up and shows two files; one 'FILE_MDS (text document) and one 'files.zzz' (a ZZZ file)... Just to let you know...any more thoughts? ....I guess I will have to call Yuneec on Monday and ask what is going on!... Thanks, All .. .- -.

Why are you trying to open the downloaded file??? You download one first onto a "clean" erased sd card! Clear the sd card, download and install the Typhoon H one first onto the sd card and follow the instructions to put it onto the H that it. If it loads, then erase the sd card and load the file for the controller and do that one, you will need to bind the 16 and H again also

Okay...for all who tried to help....I really appreciate it and would specifically like to thank DroneClone for his phenomenal assistance in resolving the issue completely. Thanks!

Reactions: DroneClone
Okay...for all who tried to help....I really appreciate it and would specifically like to thank DroneClone for his phenomenal assistance in resolving the issue completely. Thanks!
Onggia, did you get to test fly it after Compass Calibration? If so, how she fly!:rolleyes:

Oh! Yes! After that marathon session DroneClone I really needed to fly! Went through four batteries! Calibrated the compass and then tried every mode I could from rabbit to turtle...flawless...tried several 'return to home' runs from 200 ft high and 700ft horizontal and was within 6 ft every time....one was bang on the center of my landing pad! Video does seem better with the new firmware. I used the last battery on a hover test only...boring...just hung there..did not wander away! Did not try any of the new features...don't require them just yet, but I'll get round to it in the next few days. Thanks a million for your help (and not Cedis). Did you fly? How was it? Onggia

Oh! Yes! After that marathon session DroneClone I really needed to fly! Went through four batteries! Calibrated the compass and then tried every mode I could from rabbit to turtle...flawless...tried several 'return to home' runs from 200 ft high and 700ft horizontal and was within 6 ft every time....one was bang on the center of my landing pad! Video does seem better with the new firmware. I used the last battery on a hover test only...boring...just hung there..did not wander away! Did not try any of the new features...don't require them just yet, but I'll get round to it in the next few days. Thanks a million for your help (and not Cedis). Did you fly? How was it? Onggia
Yes, I flew her on two batteries, not an issue except for losing telemetry data, battery voltage, distance, height GPS status etc at about 1,100 feet out. I used to get better than that on stock antennas. Glad she is all fine with you my friend!

Thanks, But believe me....I watched every video on YouTube on updating firmware...including Yuneecs....I go to their download page and download, the ST16 download was the longest. The files are zipped. When I attempt to extract them I get a box asking for a password! I was expecting to download just a simple .bin file but that is not what I get!... I have tried it again this morning....same thing!
First you need to download the files using Chrome.
Second do not unzip them.
The drone and the controller will do that.
The password is 1234567890

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox