Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

firmware update VLC media file?

Reaction score
hey there iv tried to search but im not finding any similar issues, i tried to udate my st16 and typhoon h today, the st16 was simple and the file worked fine. the drone firmware downloaded a VLC media file and im confused on why, i tried to put that file onto a card and my updates seemed to have timed out. not sure its the correct file type. ive tried upating the typhoon h with wifi but it seems to disconect everytime. 20200423_115424.jpg

hey there iv tried to search but im not finding any similar issues, i tried to udate my st16 and typhoon h today, the st16 was simple and the file worked fine. the drone firmware downloaded a VLC media file and im confused on why, i tried to put that file onto a card and my updates seemed to have timed out. not sure its the correct file type. ive tried upating the typhoon h with wifi but it seems to disconect everytime. View attachment 21395

Attachments

• 20200423_123145.jpg
    20200423_123145.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 23
The .bin file is a binary firmware file and is not a file usable by VLC. See this post to learn how to apply this file in the update process How to: Maintenance Compilation

Reactions: WTFDproject
This is such a Windows thing. You can assign any file extension to any application. If .bin is assigned to VLC player then Windows thinks it is a VLC related file. Totally nonsens, but Windows, ehh.

The latetest drone firmware for Europe is "TyphoonH_Ver3.04_A.bin" (and yes this is a bin file, means a binary file).
Format a SD card with FAT32, copy the file TyphoonH_Ver3.04_A.bin on this SD card and put the SD card into the camera.
Power on ST16 and wait until it is booted up.
Power on the drone and wait until the camera is connected to the ST16.
Then go to the sreen above and tap on Update in the Aircraft section.
No WiFi needed.

br HE

Edit @DoomMeister was faster...

@h-elsner thanks for bringing up the Windows file association dilemma. Many have no clue about it and let programs set such things during their installation. It makes for a confusing mess more times than not.

This is such a Windows thing. You can assign any file extension to any application. If .bin is assigned to VLC player then Windows thinks it is a VLC related file. Totally nonsens, but Windows, ehh.

The latetest drone firmware for Europe is "TyphoonH_Ver3.04_A.bin" (and yes this is a bin file, means a binary file).
Format a SD card with FAT32, copy the file TyphoonH_Ver3.04_A.bin on this SD card and put the SD card into the camera.
Power on ST16 and wait until it is booted up.
Power on the drone and wait until the camera is connected to the ST16.
Then go to the sreen above and tap on Update in the Aircraft section.
No WiFi needed.

br HE

Edit @DoomMeister was faster...
thanks everyone I'm going to try using my Macbook to do it really quick I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

The .bin file is a binary firmware file and is not a file usable by VLC. See this post to learn how to apply this file in the update process How to: Maintenance Compilation
So I didn 3 things differently
1 used my Mac not sure why that would make a difference I put the file onto my SD card
2 opened the file then put that folder on the sd card, I believe
3 followed the extra steps in that video where he goes into the Android apps and resets the flight mode app data.

one of those 3 things did the trick thanks everyone for the help!! what a great community!

So I didn 3 things differently
1 used my Mac not sure why that would make a difference I put the file onto my SD card
2 opened the file then put that folder on the sd card, I believe
3 followed the extra steps in that video where he goes into the Android apps and resets the flight mode app data.

one of those 3 things did the trick thanks everyone for the help!! what a great community!
It actually has nothing to do with PC vs Mac, this is a user error that you made at some point by associating the bin file with VLC. You could have also just un-associated the file and the problem would have be solved for your PC or Mac. It boils down to a lack of experience is all and is quite common. With time you will get better and will have learned form this one and others to come as we all do.

Reactions: 7cyclops

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis