Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware update

Sounds like a fly away for unknown cause. Usually a fly away has a compass failure associated with it, usually. What's a little suspicious here is the two attempts to update firmware. If the process was not fully completed anything can go wrong.

How long does it take yuneec to do a review?

Just got off phone with Yuneec. CS guy says I turned off the gps navigation which lead to the fly away. I never touched the screen during the flight. He says the flight log shows the 480 was responding to the stick commands until it lost signal. It wasn't responding to anything I did with the sticks. It flew around in a big circle then flew south over tree tops and out of sight.

Just got off phone with Yuneec. CS guy says I turned off the gps navigation which lead to the fly away. I never touched the screen during the flight. He says the flight log shows the 480 was responding to the stick commands until it lost signal. It wasn't responding to anything I did with the sticks. It flew around in a big circle then flew south over tree tops and out of sight.

I have two witnesses that were watching my screen as I was flying to prove I never touched the screen.

Really not happy with YuneecUSA right now. Just looked at the flight path of my last flight. Yuneec is saying I had control of the drone when it last contacted the ST16. There is no way I had control. the flight path is really crazy. Was almost ready to throw in the towel and buy another H. Now, I'm not sure I'll ever own another Yuneec product if they don't honor their warranty.

Here is what I can see. Starting with Telemetry 00136 Date 09/16/2017 3:04 pm was you first loss of GPS signals. This kept going in and out True to False. Location near Star-Bisco town
Telemetry 00138 you moved to another location around 4:25pm while in flight 4:35pm voltage was at 14.8 lost GPS 249 feet. within a mil second you lost gps. last data your drone was heading south. Maybe .2 miles south from where you started flying in some ones yard west side of road? 6728-6732 Eract Road. Hope u find it.

Here is what I can see. Starting with Telemetry 00136 Date 09/16/2017 3:04 pm was you first loss of GPS signals. This kept going in and out True to False. Location near Star-Bisco town
Telemetry 00138 you moved to another location around 4:25pm while in flight 4:35pm voltage was at 14.8 lost GPS 249 feet. within a mil second you lost gps. last data your drone was heading south. Maybe .2 miles south from where you started flying in some ones yard west side of road? 6728-6732 Eract Road. Hope u find it.

Thanks but I've already searched that location and it's nowhere to b found. Going back tomorrow for another search. My issue is that yuneec CS is saying I turned off gps. I never touched the screen. I had two guys looking over my shoulder the entire time. I'm in a wheelchair so it's easy for ppl to view the screen while I'm flying. I feel like yuneec is using the gps issue as a way of voiding the warranty.

Thanks but I've already searched that location and it's nowhere to b found. Going back tomorrow for another search. My issue is that yuneec CS is saying I turned off gps. I never touched the screen. I had two guys looking over my shoulder the entire time. I'm in a wheelchair so it's easy for ppl to view the screen while I'm flying. I feel like yuneec is using the gps issue as a way of voiding the warranty.
I can understand where they are coming from and where you're coming from. Unfortunately they only have the data to go by. Keep pressing them, maybe they will acknowledge and eventually believe you.. Look up in the trees, use binoculars.
Why don't you show / tell them the other telemetry data where it's was turning on and off within seconds and ask them why this was happening? 00136 and 00137

Last edited:
I can understand where they are coming from and where you're coming from. Unfortunately they only have the data to go by. Keep pressing them, maybe they will acknowledge and eventually believe you.. Look up in the trees, use binoculars.
Why don't you show / tell them the other telemetry data where it's was turning on and off within seconds and ask them why this was happening? 00136 and 00137

I sent them the entire zip file but it took CS about 5 minutes while I was on the phone with them to review and determine that I was at fault. I'll send the other and point out the loss of gps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DMDudley