Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First 3 minutes were great... then it fell from the sky

Reaction score
Hello there,

Got a brand new Yuneec Q500 for Christmas and finally got to a calm, sunny day yesterday to fly it. After 3 minutes in flight and at an altitude of 111', the drone stopped flying and dropped out of the sky. Sadly, it hit a road and is in 100's of pieces.

This was my first personally owned drone... but get to pilot the a couple of Phantom3's my company owns quite often. We were looking to upgrade ours this year and I thought I'd try to get to a better drone, camera, etc... I dunno now that the 4k is it after my experience.

As far as I can tell, I didn't do anything wrong with it and haven't had any issues with the Phantoms.... my Q500 just stopped and dropped.

Do I even waste my time contacting Yuneec on this?

Thanks

If you had a SD card in behind the battery on the ST10+ it would have recorded the telemetry files to send into Yuneec. From those files they can see if it was pilot error or a firmware, hardware failure.
Even if you did not have the SD card in there I still would call Yuneec and see what your options are.

Late 2015 I've seen reports about some flyers mistaking the camera button for the power button. One day (nervous) flying and taking pics I caught myself doing the same before it shut off at 300'. Ordered toggle switch covers the day after off Amazon.

Hello there,

Got a brand new Yuneec Q500 for Christmas and finally got to a calm, sunny day yesterday to fly it. After 3 minutes in flight and at an altitude of 111', the drone stopped flying and dropped out of the sky. Sadly, it hit a road and is in 100's of pieces.

This was my first personally owned drone... but get to pilot the a couple of Phantom3's my company owns quite often. We were looking to upgrade ours this year and I thought I'd try to get to a better drone, camera, etc... I dunno now that the 4k is it after my experience.

As far as I can tell, I didn't do anything wrong with it and haven't had any issues with the Phantoms.... my Q500 just stopped and dropped.

Do I even waste my time contacting Yuneec on this?

Thanks

Hi just new to this forum. Bought a q500+ a few days ago. Followed all the instructions and same story as you waited till weather was calm and took it to the beach. It started well, only had it at around 10ft and after a few minutes it just fell to the ground with emergency flashing on the st10. No real damage but thought it was something I had done wrong. Went home charged battery's,read instruction again and took it back to the beach. Went up no problem but after around 2-3 minutes it fell to the ground again with emergency showing on the st10. This time it smashed the prop, camera wiring is out, drone is smashed. Just wondered how you got with yours?

Hi just new to this forum. Bought a q500+ a few days ago. Followed all the instructions and same story as you waited till weather was calm and took it to the beach. It started well, only had it at around 10ft and after a few minutes it just fell to the ground with emergency flashing on the st10. No real damage but thought it was something I had done wrong. Went home charged battery's,read instruction again and took it back to the beach. Went up no problem but after around 2-3 minutes it fell to the ground again with emergency showing on the st10. This time it smashed the prop, camera wiring is out, drone is smashed. Just wondered how you got with yours?

Hello there,
I sent mine into the manufacturer in Canada and they replaced my shattered drone. Mine had what they called catastrophic engine failure, which was a fault within the left rear prop. While I was super happy the replaced it due to manufacturer defect, since that time, the original battery became unusable and needed to be replaced as well.
Finally, I have yet to really fly it much since because the drone does not behave the way it should when taking off from flight. I fear that this replacement drone I have, may be defective as well, although thankfully, it hasn't crashed yet.

Good luck... don't email them, as their email doesn't work. You'll have to call their 800# from their website.

Screenshot_20180503-132838_Gallery.jpg 20180503_131121.jpg 20180503_131121.jpg I have a worst case that I was flight just few minutes and hovering in the air about 20 feet high, I did some move forward and backward and its fine, but suddenly it stop and dropped to the ground and its smoking like burning internal, I was pulling out the battery instantly to avoid explosion, then I found the battery surface has a burning mark on it, I file a claim on May 9, 2018 to Yuneec claim department since it is still under warranty, then they send me back a response and ask for the the flight log copy, and I did it and send it back the next day, according to the warranty, they should send me back a return shipping label, but never receive since the last message from them, I try to contact them in two different time until today, look like they are ignoring my case, but this is a factory defect, they should response and take good care to proof their service, if they reject the warranty or not, I also has the Marvic Pro they took care with in a week when I claim the gimbal malfunction. No wonder a lots of people select DJI if they want a drone. Finally hope that Yuneec will read my statement in here.

Yuneec will not see your post in here. This is a privately owned forum for Yuneec owners. Yuneec does not monitor this forum. They may have a Facebook page they monitor.

Your best bet is to call them or use the online chat feature on their website

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis