Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First film

Reaction score
Taking the H up to film video for the first time in the morning, any pointers? Do I turn the H off first after landing or the station? I've read turning one off before the other would cause the file to lose the images.

It may work any way you do it, but Yuneec says to always turn the ST-16 on first, and off last.
And I do that, lol.

That has been the standard for any drone for the last little while. The tx need to be on for the drone to connect to. Or what ever you want to call them. :)

Reactions: Rayray
Here is my first "production" effort .... using a CCC flight plan.

A friend actually asked me to make up a quick video showing the camera in its basic (i.e. fully Auto/Default) configuration. This was the result.

Only editing was the music, and the fade in/out. This was done using PowerDirector 14.

Cheers :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: yuneec53 and Rayray
Good recording, thanks for posting

That has been the standard for any drone for the last little while. The tx need to be on for the drone to connect to. Or what ever you want to call them. :)

It has always been the 'standard' in the RC world to turn the transmitter (controller) on first to be sure everything initializes properly and then turn the transmitter (controller) off last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A friend actually asked me to make up a quick video showing the camera in its basic (i.e. fully Auto/Default) configuration. This was the result.

Only editing was the music, and the fade in/out. This was done using PowerDirector 14.

Wow! Good indeed, the scenery and the time of day work together to make this a great video, first or not. That red car in the *** video--for a second I thought it a Mustang like mine, but no. Good work from Down Under.

New video I shot yesterday .... Flight test during some fairly windy conditions. Winds were 20-30 km/h with regular stronger gusts.

Firmware is the July update (No I haven't done the latest one as I am still waiting for the need to use the new features .... and as you can see from the video my H is flying just fine ;)).

The panning is from rotating the H as part of the test .... not the camera.

Again .... video settings were full auto as I was testing the bird's station keeping abilities (which I think are pretty **** good if you take a close look at the trees :)) and so wasn't really concerned with quality. I think it still turned out pretty well anyway :p.

Enjoy ....

Last edited:
Two nice videos. Are you sure you used a Typhoon H? I just asked because you seemed to have complete control at all times......
As to the transmitter, you already got the correct answer

Reactions: OzCougar
Seems to be greening up rather well. Nice shots. Don't let it get over 3 FW up dates ahead. You will have problems if you do. Fly safe.

Taking the H up to film video for the first time in the morning, any pointers? Do I turn the H off first after landing or the station? I've read turning one off before the other would cause the file to lose the images.
When the transmitter is turned on, it will scan and find a certain number of clean channels. It will then save those for usage.
Then when the drone is powered on, it will use one of the channels designated by the transmitter.
When the drone is powered on first, it does not scan.

I have also read where someone turned the transmitter off before the bird and they lost binding.

Two nice videos. Are you sure you used a Typhoon H? I just asked because you seemed to have complete control at all times......
As to the transmitter, you already got the correct answer

Yep .... definitely a Typhoon H .... says so on the box :p.

Seems to be greening up rather well. Nice shots. Don't let it get over 3 FW up dates ahead. You will have problems if you do. Fly safe.

Oh very aware of potential issues .... that's why even though I may not have updated yet .... I have still downloaded each version as it's released. That way I can always update in a smooth manner if required ;).

Oz I have a Q 500+ that I bought in April 2015. To date it has never had a firmware update and Flys just fine . Until I got my typhoon H I was always afraid of updating the firmware so I guess it's up to you my friend

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval