Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First time user.. recieved my H Plus today... Should i upgrade firmware?

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am very excited to recieve my first drone that i will be using for real estate projects . I have been lurking on this forum for a while and i saw mixed feelings about upgrading to the lates firmware. I have Auto pilot v1.7.0 and the latest version is 1.1.03. Would it be a good ideea to upgrade or should i keep the factory firmware? Thank you

I would strongly suggest that you try and test your firmware to see that it functions smoothly and without glitches. My guess is it probably will be fine. If you discover an issue, which I doubt you will, then and only then do an update, If not leave it alone. The only reason to update is if you have an issue the firmware is known to fix, so 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
I doubt you will find anyone here who would disagree.

Thank you so much... i was thinking the same way. Is there anything i should do before flying other than calibrating ?

Thank you so much... i was thinking the same way. Is there anything i should do before flying other than calibrating ?

If this is truly your first drone, rather than “first drone to use for real estate”...

Do yourself a favor and order a $50 (or less) Hubsan or something similar. Practice with it fearlessly rather than risk a huge investment (relatively speaking) as your trainer.

If you’re experienced, go for it, after testing the manual, these threads, and whatever else you can find.

Good luck!

Jeff

Last edited:
I need a little bit of help from you..... the drone came with Intel Realsense pre installed and i know that the drone has also its own obstacle detection stystem. I know that the built it system doesnt actually avoid obstacles but just stops in front of them whereas the Intel realsense goes around them. The question is: should i leave both obstacle avoidance ON or it is better to leave only the realsense ON ? Thank you

The question is: should i leave both obstacle avoidance ON or it is better to leave only the realsense ON ? Thank you
They work together and cannot be initiated interdependently. Obstacle Avoidance is a built-in Typhoon H series feature, whereas Real Sense is an option. Real Sense is activated by the Obstacle Avoidance switch when you turn on Obstacle Avoidance. You can't turn Real Sense on without turning on Obstacle Avoidance. However you can have Obstacle Avoidance without Real sense because you can turn Real Sense on and off in the ST16 menu.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval