Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First videos

Reaction score
Hello all, my names Adam and this is my first post here. I'm no camera expert but I can fly all sorts of models. Flown my typhoon a couple of times now and it's a brilliant bit of kit. I've made two short videos and wanted some opinions on the camera and how to get the best out of it. I only have a dinky asus t100 notebook for editing and I use movie maker. I know I'll need a proper pc again to get the best results. What software is best? Don't mind paying but not monthly.

Here are my videos. Hope you enjoy the views as much as I do.

The main question I'm wanting to know is my camera all good? There is a bit of red sun glare as it panned round and tilted up slightly and also in the bottom right hand corner towards the end in the second sunny video. Normal?

Thanks

I like you will need more practice in setting the exposure manually. As the H changes view from down to up the auto gain kicks in. There is an Editing programme called Magix which works very well and is not expensive.

Hello all, my names Adam and this is my first post here. I'm no camera expert but I can fly all sorts of models. Flown my typhoon a couple of times now and it's a brilliant bit of kit. I've made two short videos and wanted some opinions on the camera and how to get the best out of it. I only have a dinky asus t100 notebook for editing and I use movie maker. I know I'll need a proper pc again to get the best results. What software is best? Don't mind paying but not monthly.

Here are my videos. Hope you enjoy the views as much as I do.

The main question I'm wanting to know is my camera all good? There is a bit of red sun glare as it panned round and tilted up slightly and also in the bottom right hand corner towards the end in the second sunny video. Normal?

Thanks
That is known as lens flare and yes that is a normal phenomenon. :)

For best Video performance i recommend manuall settings.
The shutter speed should be set by the 180 degree shutter rule, means with 30 fps shutter speed should be set to 1/60s, with 60fps shutter should be set to 1/120s.
ISO should be 100, higher ISO rates means more noise.
If you set ISO to 100 and the correct shutter speed, then the vid is to bright, therefor you should use a nd filter (neutral density filter).

For best Video performance i recommend manuall settings.
The shutter speed should be set by the 180 degree shutter rule, means with 30 fps shutter speed should be set to 1/60s, with 60fps shutter should be set to 1/120s.
ISO should be 100, higher ISO rates means more noise.
If you set ISO to 100 and the correct shutter speed, then the vid is to bright, therefor you should use a nd filter (neutral density filter).

Awesome thanks ill give it a try. I'm beginning to notice the auto white balance. Flew out to a local ruin and it spoiled the shots with all the colour changes. Going to go back and have a better go soon.

I am finding 1/640 to 1/800 of a second for full sunlight is about right. 1/60 to 1/120 is way too hot for even an ND filter to knock down......

I'd like to have the knowledge in Mickeyboo's left pinky about camera settings. He never uses filters and his videos are used by Yuneec on their main website.

Reactions: Old Jar Head
If you use manual mode (which I guess you should) and if you shoot in RAW then you will need to process the footage. You will need to make colour and contrast adjustments and you will need to sharpen if you wish to get the best out of the video in this setting. Without this RAW footage is flat, lifeless and a little soft. It is just the same with stills photography.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval