Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flight Simulator - H520

Does it need their new USB simulator stick or it is going to work with the one they were selling before? I could make the old one work with my ST16S but it only worked once on all 4 pc/laptops I was trying it on. And the second time I tried it did not work at all.

The simulator version appears to be updated. The file name is UAV-Pilot_2_30_1_setup.exe
The previous version was UAV-Pilot_3.0_setup.exe

I don't believe the sim stick has changed.

I have had good luck running the Sim as well as the H GUI on Win7. I can't get it to run on Win10.

I got my SimStick today and the instructions provided above to not match what i see on the screens on the Windows 10 PC or the H520 Ground Controller :( After messing around with it for some time, I have been able to get it to work pretty consistently with the following:
  1. Power ON the ST16S Ground Controller
  2. Connect the USB adapter to your computer
  3. Start the UAV Pilot software while the ST16S finishing booting
  4. Tap the ( = ) symbol for Main Menu on the ST16S and tap on "Vehicle"
  5. Click on "Radio" and then "Bind YUNEEC USB receiver ..." in the UAV Pilot software
  6. Tap on "Manual Bind" in the Vehicle Menu and then on "Bind" on the ST16S popup window
  7. Click on "OK" in the UAV Pilot software popup window
  8. Just click on "OK" again in the UAV Pilot software popup window when told to go to the Bind menu and select the USB receiver
  9. Just click on "OK" again in the UAV Pilot software popup when told to return to the main DataPilot screen on the ST16S
  10. Just click on "OK" one last time in the UAV Pilot software popup when told the bind procedure was completed successfully
  11. Tap the "Y" symbol in the upper left corner of the display on the ST16S
  12. You are ready for take off

I have tried to follow above instructions where I could find what they are about. It seems the same as it was before and nothing changed. Also there is no H520 under model menu in UAV simulator software.

As for the instructions in the step 5 " "Bind YUNEEC USB receiver ..."
You need to wait a lot till this command appears under the "Radio Control" menu. However even if you see it there and click on it is still no success to bind their dongle to their simulator software.

I am on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

Reactions: SkyVidTek
I have tried to follow above instructions where I could find what they are about. It seems the same as it was before and nothing changed. Also there is no H520 under model menu in UAV simulator software.

You need to wait a lot till this command appears under the "Radio Control" menu. However even if you see it there and click on it is still no success to bind their dongle to their simulator software.

I am on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.
Try my procedure directly above your post

Reactions: Steve Carr
did you try my procedure directly above your post?

I used your instructions. Some of the steps from it cannot be completed as nothing you describe is happening. For example this one

Click on "OK" in the UAV Pilot software popup window

There is nothing popping up in UAV Pilot software.

And as I have mentioned already for step 5 I waited for ages for "Bind YUNEEC USB receiver ..." appear under Radio menu.
I was even going to say I had never seen anything like this there and it only controls whether you can see a drone transmitter on a screen in their sim. However I looked there later and the "Bind YUNEEC USB receiver ..." appeared there. It did not help me clicking on it though. And when I started from a scratch again it took a few minutes for it to appear there again.

I tried my procedure again and it worked ok on my PC. I'm sorry it isn't working for you :(
Also there is no H520 under model menu in UAV simulator software.
I used the Typhoon H model.
When I plug my USB in to the PC I immediate get a set of Windows sounds indicating the dongle was recognized (and more sounds immediately after I remove it from my PC).

I have a 5-10sec wait when I first start UAV Pilot but after that the "Bind YUNEEC USB receiver ..." is immediately available.
And as I have mentioned already for step 5 I waited for ages for "Bind YUNEEC USB receiver ..." appear under Radio menu.
I was even going to say I had never seen anything like this there and it only controls whether you can see a drone transmitter on a screen in their sim. However I looked there later and the "Bind YUNEEC USB receiver ..." appeared there. It did not help me clicking on it though. And when I started from a scratch again it took a few minutes for it to appear there again.
I'm just guessing here, but maybe instead of starting completely over after it fails, restart at step 4?

Good Luck!

HI,
I seem to have misplaced my simulator installer file. The links on Yuneec site do not work.
Can anyone help me out with the installer file?
Thanks,
Patrick

New version of the Flight Simulator and new instructions for binding to the H Plus and H520.

Yuneec – Quadcopters & Aerial Drones

[MOD EDIT] Have stickied this thread on the subject, with the additional steps provided by @NemesisChiken ??
Hello i tried to update my simulator 3.0 but it doesn't allow me to update the software. I am in the US when i try to access the site it takes me to the Yuneec/US H520 site location. I have an older stick Simu-controller YUNSIM Is there another site you could or link to let me upgrade to the H520 frame for the simulator? Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval