Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flite Test gives solid advice on FAA Remote ID NPRM (Feb 23 2020)

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
This is an EXCELLENT video on what the FAA is expecting in your comments.

I want to stress that EVERYONE take the time to write a courteous and intelligent response. Don't get emotional and don't be mean or it's a waste of your time.

Also it's important to realize that it's not just UAS operators who are weighing in on this topic... There are thousands of Manned Pilots (Private, Comm, and ATP) who are weighing in and proposing STRICTER regulations etc.

Thank you gentlemen. I am proud to be represented by people like you. There are thousands of us still unspoken and uninformed , simply because we need proper direction, like what you are giving us here. This is a wonderful Hobbie and we all need to step up.We can and will stand by any and all FAA rulings and hope and pray they still enable all of us who do it as a hobbie to keep flying in our own back yard,or our favorite park,ball field beach area forests etc. and yes we can use something like LAANC to abide by the rules.I have met so many curious fun intelligent people while out flying!Hope we can keep having fun. Keith

The private pilots were not the source of the proposed rulemaking- it came fro inter-governmental sources-

The private pilots were not the source of the proposed rulemaking- it came fro inter-governmental sources-
You are right! Expanding on the intergovernmental sources, it was law enforcement, wanting their cake and eat it too. People who are going to fly for nefarious purposes, **** sure aren't going to fly an aircraft that broadcasts it position.

Reactions: Richie
This is an EXCELLENT video on what the FAA is expecting in your comments.

I want to stress that EVERYONE take the time to write a courteous and intelligent response. Don't get emotional and don't be mean or it's a waste of your time.

Also it's important to realize that it's not just UAS operators who are weighing in on this topic... There are thousands of Manned Pilots (Private, Comm, and ATP) who are weighing in and proposing STRICTER regulations etc.
im sorry for this off topic question,as the fcc test what does resistors,capicators,diodes,have to do with me getting a fcc ham licence for just flying a drone with a tx oon it,im not building a ham set or putting up antennas or talking to the space station i need a test that is based on fpv drone flying,not ham transmitting to another country

im sorry for this off topic question,as the fcc test what does resistors,capicators,diodes,have to do with me getting a fcc ham licence for just flying a drone with a tx oon it,im not building a ham set or putting up antennas or talking to the space station i need a test that is based on fpv drone flying,not ham transmitting to another country
Are you building your own aircraft?

Are you building your own aircraft?
no i have a hubson 501 s it be great for the fatshark goggles i paid 500.00 for and cant use them on the hubson before all this came on i would get around 300 yrds before i would loose connection,plenty for me as i just want to fly in woods with no people around i been an r.c.er for40+years

If y
Alright . I confused again?? KC
If you cross your eyes just right while flying a quad (Hubsan), you’ll see six rotors and think you’re flying a Typhoon H.

no i have a hubson 501 s it be great for the fatshark goggles i paid 500.00 for and cant use them on the hubson before all this came on i would get around 300 yrds before i would loose connection,plenty for me as i just want to fly in woods with no people around i been an r.c.er for40+years
If you aren't building a transmitter, I don't see why you are looking at a Ham license. The test you are looking at, I believe, is for operators who build their own sets, and is the highest level of Ham licenses.

If you aren't building a transmitter, I don't see why you are looking at a Ham license. The test you are looking at, I believe, is for operators who build their own sets, and is the highest level of Ham licenses.
it states (the fcc) requires anyone transmitting over 25 mw needs a license A HAM LICENSE for r.c.flying 25 mw dont give no range for fpv flying check it out and i tried to find a ham club close by and it was 25 miles away

it states (the fcc) requires anyone transmitting over 25 mw needs a license A HAM LICENSE for r.c.flying 25 mw dont give no range for fpv flying check it out and i tried to find a ham club close by and it was 25 miles away
also look in ebay or other for f.p.v. tx for r.c. at bottom it says u need a HAM LINCENSE to operate leagally

ok simpler,why do i need an fcc ham license to fly F.P.V.

Dan,

If you have not already, you may want to check this existing thread talking about FCC compliance for controllers.

I also found this note via a Google search.

As I understand it, as long as a transmitter has been certified, and is not broadcasting on the ham frequencies, a ham license is not required. Alter a transmitter, operate on the ham frequencies, exceed the limitations, then one needs to take appropriate action to regain compliance.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

Reactions: rchrdbarnard2
Dan,

If you have not already, you may want to check this existing thread talking about FCC compliance for controllers.

I also found this note via a Google search.

As I understand it, as long as a transmitter has been certified, and is not broadcasting on the ham frequencies, a ham license is not required. Alter a transmitter, operate on the ham frequencies, exceed the limitations, then one needs to take appropriate action to regain compliance.

Hope this helps.

Jeff now im confused y does it say for all video tx for r.c. require a ham license if it is over 25 mw i wonder if the 900 mhz is controlled by the fcc

You are right! Expanding on the intergovernmental sources, it was law enforcement, wanting their cake and eat it too. People who are going to fly for nefarious purposes, **** sure aren't going to fly an aircraft that broadcasts it position.
Who we should all be worried about and the FAA doesnt even mention are those Evil intentioned
"Rubber Powered Fixed Wing" people!!! Heck, you cant even hear them flying right up onto your
back . And they cant even be picked up on Radar. Dang terrorists. lol :)

Just Kiddin' dont hate me

Reactions: rchrdbarnard2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss