Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flying in Snow

Really liked the video. Do you remember the ISO and Shutter speed you were using for this night shot?
There isn't time to set up the camera between battery swaps. Only had time to put in a battery, boot up, start the video and take off.
I think the camera only stores a few settings. These were shot in night mode, 24 fps, 4K. Everything else was set by the camera.
I filmed this same location in 2015 using the Q500 1080p camera and the result was really poor so I was extremely happy with the results here.

Just flew this one Sat night. 8-10 min on each battery, temp around 15 and wind 15-22 mph. If you had ice on the props you were really close to losing the aircraft. I'll fly in varying weather but never freezing rain.

Steve, that is awesome! We're out in Colorado in a couple of weeks to go skiing, and the kids are excited enough already without seeing videos like that :)

Reactions: Steve Carr
Temp -21 C, now raining snow, but high humidity. No problems with Typhoon H.

Very nice. I especially like the scene flying towards the small pier with the cruise ship in the background coming out of the fog.

There isn't time to set up the camera between battery swaps. Only had time to put in a battery, boot up, start the video and take off.
I think the camera only stores a few settings. These were shot in night mode, 24 fps, 4K. Everything else was set by the camera.
I filmed this same location in 2015 using the Q500 1080p camera and the result was really poor so I was extremely happy with the results here.
Thanks Steve, I received my Night Waiver so I will have to try this our when the next opportunity occurs.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Steve, that is awesome! We're out in Colorado in a couple of weeks to go skiing, and the kids are excited enough already without seeing videos like that :)
I just saw a older post from CaptainDrone in which he suggests using Gorgeous mode rather than Night mode in order to preserve colors. Wish I had seen that sooner.
Have a great time skiing. Used to love Breckenridge before it got so big.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surmount13