Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flying in the dark

Reaction score
I have no intentions for obvious reasons of doing this but how many of you actually fly your birds in the black. Scary?

I fly at night all the time. It's a beautiful view of the lights below. The air outside is nice and cool. Not scary at all.

Did a bunch of houses over Christmas too.

Christmas Lights-2.jpg

Actually you can see your bird better at night, seeing you have the proper lights on it ? Bright sunny days can be a problem unless you stay close (well thats me anyways ?) ? Besides you can get some nice photos at night, like Fred pointed out...

Yeah, I know how cool the night photos look after seeing these and some others. I have lifted it off a few times but never went the distance.
lol. I have to laugh because I have to.
I now have an eye procedure to deal with. Ha, Standing with a crutch and sunglasses trying to fly. Actually it would be pretty funny. I have to think of it that way. Without giving away any political beliefs I have been giving to 3 wounded soldiers organizations for many years and I can walk for now, drive and stand. These men and women will never do either again. I'm lucky as ****. [emoji4]

Yeah, I know how cool the night photos look after seeing these and some others. I have lifted it off a few times but never went the distance.
lol. I have to laugh because I have to.
I now have an eye procedure to deal with. Ha, Standing with a crutch and sunglasses trying to fly. Actually it would be pretty funny. I have to think of it that way. Without giving away any political beliefs I have been giving to 3 wounded soldiers organizations for many years and I can walk for now, drive and stand. These men and women will never do either again. I'm lucky as ****. [emoji4]
Thank you for helping out Veteran's

What are you flying in that pic.?That's a perfect looking shot and the house is also beautiful.
Thanks! That was my Mavic 2 Pro.

Hey!!!!!! lol. I was kinda hoping it was from the q500. It really is beautiful.
I don't have one. I've been flying the M2P more and more lately. It's just so fast to deploy, rock-solid stability and the Occusync system is powerful and reliable. It's small and can get into tight situations easily. The typhoons are more for rural acreage shoots. They're big and powerful (for winds) and I can see them a lot farther off so I don't have to reposition as often. A good thing on 30+ acre tracts.

I did a roof inspection last week and had to get under a very heavy tree canopy to get some shots:

Heavy Canopy.jpg

Perfect for the M2P. I don't see any reason you can't make great night images with the Q500.

How the **** could I not know that. [emoji1]
dumb question for the day. thanks

I love flying at night, there is calmness that you usually don't get during the day and, as an added bonus there is also a lot more anonymity, it feels really great.

Reactions: Peter b
I fly the little guys at night. Lot easier, get practice and are cheap if I land in a tree or something else I didn’t see..I agree, the Typhoon is to big.. I have several foam planks with lights that are great at night. Got one on fleabay that the lights can be switched on and off, does flips, rolls , inverted flight. Pretty slick and cheap

The calmness must be ethereal at times. Photos like Mr Garvin's are art to me. How can I find more videos or photos like this on line. The intros of all drones are nice with mountains, the ocean etc. but me thinks many of you are doing cool stuff like this with imagination. My wife isn't into this at all except at times when it's necessary but she looked at mr. garvin's photo and was blown away. she's starting to understand all you are capable of.
I love flying at night, there is calmness that you usually don't get during the day and, as an added bonus there is also a lot more anonymity, it feels really great.

Thank you for your kind words. I'm pleased that you and your wife like my images. Maybe they can inspire you?

The reality of it though, is that it's not very often I get to make images like that. More often than not, it's this:

Construction-4.jpg

Or this:

Residential Roof Inspection-3.jpg

Yeah, I too am a bit envious of these pilots who get to fly up a beautiful beach, or a pretty valley in the mountains and make these wonderful videos with the soaring music....

Picasso and cubism together in photography. I don't know how much you do but it's imagination. ?

The calmness must be ethereal at times. Photos like Mr Garvin's are art to me. How can I find more videos or photos like this on line. The intros of all drones are nice with mountains, the ocean etc. but me thinks many of you are doing cool stuff like this with imagination. My wife isn't into this at all except at times when it's necessary but she looked at mr. garvin's photo and was blown away. she's starting to understand all you are capable of.

To me some of the most amazing night time photography is in the form of Hyperlapses (time lapse photography from a moving platform) and one of the best at it is this guy from Blue Mantel Films. This entire video is shot with a Mavic 2 Pro and it includes standard 4K video as well as the hyperlapses from raw imagery - night time begins at 1:37 ;)

Reactions: johnnyb57
The night imagery is surreal. It's been a long time since I have seen Miami at night but I never saw that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval