Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flying the TH manually

Reaction score
So today I decided it was ideal weather for learning to fly the TH without GPS overcast and dull so no good for filming and with winds of only 2 miles an hour anf gust of 4MPH it was ideal.

I am really surprised just how well the TH reacts to manual input, even if I did nearly decapitate myself starting out by forgetting I had to counter directional movement on the controller.

Within 10 minutes I had this thing licked, the biggest thing is the boost in confidence when you find yourself flying under control knowing GPS is there if you need it but otherwise your flying with the training wheels off, it helps to have a large open beach to yourself though just in case things take a turn for the worst;)

Congrats!!!!

I’m guessing you’ve flown RC aircraft before without GPS as few people I know pick up on it as quickly as you did.

For those who wish to try this, it's best to do manual practice with the camera removed.

knowing GPS is there if you need it
Did you turn it off while it was airborne or before you launched? Did you notice if the green arrow was still on the screen?

yep green arrow was there without GPS (99% sure) first time I took off with GPS as I wasn't sure what was going to happen LOL second time without and there were no issues, I always hand catch so didn't land without GPS (GPS turned on for catching so I still have ten fingers) Couple of things I did notice speed increases quite steeply with GPS off and also the turning circle (did a few fig 8's) is a **** of a lot tighter

Reactions: Steve Carr
Congrats!!!!

I’m guessing you’ve flown RC aircraft before without GPS as few people I know pick up on it as quickly as you did.

Nope never flown before, was big into Microsoft flight sim so I dont know if that helped with a rudimentary understanding of things that fly. Plus I used to be a heavy plant operator so I have had plenty of practise using two sticks at the same time

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval