Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Forward movement having momentary pause

Reaction score
My H Plus works exactly as intended in every way except I keep having the forward motion of flight pause briefly then start again when my stick has not moved. Occurs at varying speeds and with speed control pot in different settings.. Controller joystick testing via controller shows linear response to the stick. Occurs with different batteries. Battery contacts are good with arched tension springs with proper arch. Camera does not have any glitch when it occurs. Has anyone else experienced this?

It would be good to know your firmware versions. A screenshot of your firmware page would be perfect. We also need the "Flight2logs".
The basis for the screenshot request is that what you have described in words has been seen before when the controller firmware and the drone firmware are on different builds. Build 777 (2018-10-22) added redundant flight control. IF build 777 or any newer build is paired with any build prior to Build 777, you can get periodic, short term control dropouts when the newer firmware tries to shift to the other control frequency, but the older firmware does not have that capability.
There are also other possibilities. Hence the request for the Flight2logs.
See Attachment 61 (Typhoon H Plus Flight Log Retrieval) of the PDF document attached to Way To Fix Drones project as needed for how to retrieve and post the Flight2logs.

Not in hover, only when in motion. Does not change altitude either. Flies along with the normal pitch in direction of travel and then will pitch the other way and stop briefly then pitch forward again when it resumes travel. When it is close and does this it sounds like engines speed up for the stop but that is hard to be certain about as the props are directed at me and that may only be the difference in propagation of the prop noise. It also is not a regular interval, it may travel 800 feet and then do it twice in the next 200 feet of horizontal travel. It is a bit scary but there are no other indications of any control loss or instability.

Please upload the information requested by @WTFDproject , so we can give educated responses instead of stabs in the dark.

I am away from home today but I did check recently and my controller and aircraft are at the latest firmwares according the Yueec site and the article here on firmware versions. I recently purchased this Plus and a late version of a standard H from a gentleman. There were damaged props with the spare articles but the aircraft have no obvious hard impact markings and cameras work perfectly. I have pulled the top cover off the H Plus to look at the battery connectors and other wiring for my own peace of mind but found everything in order. I had not flown this but two brief times as I only had H 14.8v batteries that were sound. I did not have this momentary pause until I flew it for over 15 minutes with a new Gifti Power battery. I think it was over 4 minutes before I saw the pause. It does have Realsense and OD was switched on.

Thanks for the replies. I will collect the requested info and post. I apologize for several replies. The responses are coming while I'm typing.

Flight log from the flight where this pausing behavior was noticed.
Thanks for helping me with this.
I did look at "History" on the controller and avionics power low was a stored message there a few times. I looked at all stored history and that message was stored several times in the aircraft's history before I owned it. It has propeller warning message several times in conjunction with compass calibration and gyro calibration. Am I right to think that start ups with no props installed might cause that message?

Attachments

• JA.4.10.21flightlog[1].zip
    23.5 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
The behavior is clearly visible in log file 00036, especially in the second part (start #2). But there is no indication that points to the source of the problem.

Sensor_00041.txt belongs to that flight. Here are the messages for the second part of #00036:
84110 00:24:46 INFO: 'Armed by arm/disarm component command.'
84111 00:24:46 INFO: '(3,14)home: 33.1507581, -97.2688140, 212.38'
84112 00:24:46 INFO: '(3,14)home: 33.1507581, -97.2688140, 212.38'
84113 00:24:46 INFO: '[logger] file: /fs/microsd/log/2021-04-10/23_59_1'
84116 00:24:46 MIS_TAKEOFF_ALT : Type: 9, Index: 353, Count: 813, Value: 3
84127 00:24:46 INFO: '(3,11)TAKEOFF MODE'
84130 00:24:46 CRITICAL: 'Using minimum takeoff altitude: 3.00 m'
84133 00:24:46 INFO: '(2,87) not angle mode obs not available'
84134 00:24:46 INFO: 'Takeoff detected.'
84222 00:24:47 INFO: '(3,26)ANGLE MODE'
84278 00:24:48 MPC_REALSENSE : Type: 6, Index: 393, Count: 813, Value: $01=0000 0001
113739 00:33:17 INFO: '(2,86) altitude Less than 1.5m, obs not available'
114156 00:33:24 INFO: '(3,82) obs close'
114822 00:33:35 INFO: 'Landing detected.'
114829 00:33:35 INFO: 'Disarmed by auto disarm on land.'

There is only one message regarding RealSense. I don't know what this message really means. But in other flights there were error messages from RealSense module:
Sensor00037 - 28925 00:09:14 INFO: 'realsense moudle fault'.

Possible root causes:
- defect RealSense Module or disturbed RealSense sensors (most probable, my guess).
- defect OBS.
- disturbed camera connections (I don't think, but who knows...).

What can we do?
Test the following:
- fly with switched off OBS and check if the problem persists
- fly without camera (I'm not sure if this is possible for H Plus) and check again
- clean RealSense sensors and test the behavior again.

br HE

This is the reason I sold off every on of my Yuneec Drones - unlike a DJI, the Yuneec control system is horrible, it almost moves in a series of individual on and off movements and nothing totally linear as the DJI control system.

Mike

I notice the first of these indicated speed spikes occurred about 4 minutes after motor start. Do they match up with the times the drone stopped?

Attachments

• Flight 36.jpg
    Flight 36.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
The events on the log and the message list from controller do not seem to have any relation to when the pauses occurred. I know it happened 5 times and when it was further away it may have happened two more times. 3 of the events were within 60 seconds or less. The events were at least 4 minutes into the flight. The message list has two avionics low power messages in the first 15 seconds of power up. Realsense module fault was 2 minutes in and that was not when it occurred. Since the issue causes it to pause in place with no erratic behavior I am not fearful of flying it. I will fly it again and keep track of when it happens more closely. Is there a resource for a wiring diagram? I'm curious abut the Realsense and avionics messages.

Those speed spikes are invalid dataset and have no meaning. H Plus has a lot of them. Please check if you have set option "Purge H Plus" in Settings > Data conversion.

The avionics power message appears all the time when arming. This is a also not a problem if it not happen during flight.
CRITICAL: 'CAUTION: Avionics power low: 4.71 Volt' on the ground --> no problem.

Have you tried it without camera?

br HE

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
I have not tried flight w/o camera. I should have time this evening to try a flight with and one without camera while noting more about when and what of the events. Thanks for the heads up on the avionics message. This would be yet one more in a list of automobiles, trucks, ag equipment, and other things with diagnostic trouble messages that set when nothing is really wrong.

It's just a 1202 Program Alarm....we're a go on that alarm...

There have been issues with the RealSense module on other TH+ systems. Usually much more severe than you are seeing. Those would literally halt movement except in reverse just like there was an obstacle there.

If you continue to have this issue with the OBS turned off, it might be advisable to remove the RealSense and see if the flight characteristics change for the better.

Reactions: Mike Irish
I flew today with no changes and had zero issues. I did not remove camera and flew with the same battery, the second flight for that GiFi 7900 mAh 15.2 battery.
No Realsense module messages on the list but there are two avionics low power messages. I flew close and conservative for 3 minutes and then I flew faster and with more abrupt control changes but all with the craft close so I could see any disturbances. There were no pauses. I recorded video most of the flight. I flew 14 minutes and had 54% battery when I landed it.
I'm puzzled but happy for a properly working unit. Trust will come with more flights.

Were you flying with RS turned on?
The RS module can cause some unusual behavior depending on conditions. It doesn't work well when facing into the sun, when there is dust in the air or even smoke. Unless you are flying near obstacles it's best to leave it turned off.

Reactions: h-elsner
I had the warnings about obstacle detection not working at low altitude on the flight with trouble. That tells me it was on on that flight. I use the neck strap and I may have bumped the switch. I do not use that feature and will check all the switch positions when I turn on control. On the last flight when no pauses occurred there are no warnings and I did not switch on obstacle detection.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval