Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gas Works Park @ Seattle

Reaction score
What's up!

I picked up a Breeze 4k last week at Wal-Mart and I've just been playing around with it. Now I've been into RC helicopters for a while so out of the box, this thing was amazing on how stable it was compared to what I'm used to so I'm happy with it!

But I also learned that now I have a new hobby in making videos. The things is, before getting the Breeze I've probably edited two or three videos in my life so I had no idea what I was doing; I do a bit of photography as a hobby, but never really touched videos. But I've learned a lot since then.

Here's my fourth video using the Breeze so any tips would be helpful. I am having a hard time stabilizing the clips; I guess not having a gimbal is a bit of a bummer, but I'm in college so I'm a bit nit picky on where my dollar goes and $150 is all I could afford (One day hopefully I won't have to be :p). I record in 4k and stabilize it using software via VideoPad and Google Photos. I'm trying the youtube stabilizer right now; I don't expect Typhoon or Phantom quality smoothness, but I'm open to any suggestions on how to make the clips smoother!

Thanks

Have you tried the 1080p stabilized video setting on the Breeze?

I tried it once, but there was quite a noticeable drop in quality. I was thinking that maybe recording in 4K and stabilizing it using software on my laptop or something would have the same effect, but I'll experiment with it some more.

Right. The software on the Breeze takes the 4K video and crops it to 1080 as a method of stabilizing.
Good editing programs can stabilize to varying degrees but many of those programs are costly. It's the best that can be done with a camera which has no gimbal.

I think more accurately would be not advisable. If you are making a 107 flight then it could be actionable by the FAA is they received a complaint. Some one flying is Breeze is unlikely to be making a 107 flight.

I think more accurately would be not advisable. If you are making a 107 flight then it could be actionable by the FAA is they received a complaint. Some one flying is Breeze is unlikely to be making a 107 flight.
This guy sounds like another Casey Neistat.

On the contrary, I see a guy who is experimenting with his first quadcopter and trying to learn the best methods for video and flying. Nothing sinister here.

Reactions: MarkC and pbrunson
On the contrary, I see a guy who is experimenting with his first quadcopter and trying to learn the best methods for video and flying. Nothing sinister here.
I agree with him learning all he can about drones and videos but, use some common sense and don't fly around people like he did. These kind of actions are what causes more restriction to be put out by the FAA. We already have enough rules and regulations, we don't need anymore.

This guy sounds like another Casey Neistat.

Lol. Okayyy.....

I am a marketing and management major and a friend made fun of me for having 2 subscribers. So yeah, he challenged me to get to a 100. And I'll use what I've learned to get there.

But if I dont, I do legitimately enjoy this so I don't really care.

Thanks for the heads up though.

This is a great hobby and can be a lot of fun as well as rewarding when you create a video that you are proud to show. Hang it there ATP. :)

BTW, I can see you spent quite a bit of time working on that video. It puts my first one to shame. Nice job.

Reactions: TomC9000
Thanks!

It was a bit of time, but it was fun. I just want the video to not be so jittery. I'll try out the 1080p and see how that goes. Thanks for the tips btw!

What's up!

I picked up a Breeze 4k last week at Wal-Mart and I've just been playing around with it. Now I've been into RC helicopters for a while so out of the box, this thing was amazing on how stable it was compared to what I'm used to so I'm happy with it!

But I also learned that now I have a new hobby in making videos. The things is, before getting the Breeze I've probably edited two or three videos in my life so I had no idea what I was doing; I do a bit of photography as a hobby, but never really touched videos. But I've learned a lot since then.

Here's my fourth video using the Breeze so any tips would be helpful. I am having a hard time stabilizing the clips; I guess not having a gimbal is a bit of a bummer, but I'm in college so I'm a bit nit picky on where my dollar goes and $150 is all I could afford (One day hopefully I won't have to be :p). I record in 4k and stabilize it using software via VideoPad and Google Photos. I'm trying the youtube stabilizer right now; I don't expect Typhoon or Phantom quality smoothness, but I'm open to any suggestions on how to make the clips smoother!

Thanks
$#@! on Walmart! I saw that $150 (then $99) sale AFTER I had received mine :( what a bummer. But it's a great deal. Grats!

You've done a very nice editing job. The post image stabilization rubbery video effect is pretty bad, though. I don't have a solution other than Steve Carr's suggestion to use the in-camera stabilization by shooting 4K stabilized to 1080p.
As far as flying at Gas Works Park, you are in the airspace of seaplane operations on Lake Union. Here's a link that will show you the airport safety circles. You can use the information provided to contact the airport controller to let them know where and when you will be in their airspace (click on the very edge of the circle). They appreciate the heads-up.
Drone Safety Map | Altitude Angel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy