Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Geo fence problems

Reaction score
I fly my Breeze in the same location and it has been recalibrated. For no apparent reason I started receiving geo fence warnings and I could not fly it. I am not near an airport and I am not in a no fly zone. I tried a friend’s Breeze in my location with the same geo fence warning.
When I took my Breeze 1 mile down the road it worked fine.
What could cause my Breeze to receive a false geo fence warning? Is there a way to disable the geo fence warning?

Thank you.

Go to this site ArcGIS Web Application And zoom in to the exact area you are trying to fly in. If you are not in a restricted zone according to the map, contact Yuneec Customer Support and ask why they are restricting you.

Thanks very much for your response and suggestions DoomMeister. I am not in a restricted zone so I will contact customer support.
Thanks again.

Thanks very much for your response and suggestions DoomMeister. I am not in a restricted zone so I will contact customer support.
Thanks again.
Did you use different phones to fly both breezes? I ask because the Breeze Cam app is what determines the flight restrictions. You can try flying each other’s Breezes with each phone to see if that mak s a difference too.

It can be faster getting CS using the online chat too.

Excellent point. I had not thought about the phone issue, and yes I did use my phone with both drones. I will reach out to customer service as per your suggestion.

Thank you very much.

I did not receive much satisfaction from customer service today on line. They believe that I am close enough to a NFZ (about 1 mile away) to cause me to receive geo fence warnings and not to be able to fly my Breeze. They have no explanation as to why the warnings are intermittent and they wanted to know if there were "towers" in the area. I am not impressed with Yuneec's customer service and thanks for your suggestions DoomMeister.

I fly my Breeze in the same location and it has been recalibrated. For no apparent reason I started receiving geo fence warnings and I could not fly it. I am not near an airport and I am not in a no fly zone. I tried a friend’s Breeze in my location with the same geo fence warning.
When I took my Breeze 1 mile down the road it worked fine.
What could cause my Breeze to receive a false geo fence warning? Is there a way to disable the geo fence warning?

Thank you.

I too can observe erratic geofence warnings. IMHO there are two reasons for this: If you have your mobile configured to switch on the internal GPS only when the Breeze App is started it might well be that inaccurate GPS data lets the App run havoc. The other cause for erratic GPS data might be poor reception of too few satellites.
IIRC some of the very early (prior to 1Q 2017) versions of the breeze app do not incorporate geofencing round airports. So it is up to you to weigh using an outdated app against the restrictions of an unpredictable geofence.

Another stupidity Yuneec imposed with geofencing can be seen when comparing NFZs around airports: Regardless of the size and "importance" of the airfield the NFZ has a diameter of 5 ml always.The NFZ around Airfield Spitzerberg (ICAO LOAS) has the same size as its counterpart around Vienna International Airport (LOWW)

I too can observe erratic geofence warnings. IMHO there are two reasons for this: If you have your mobile configured to switch on the internal GPS only when the Breeze App is started it might well be that inaccurate GPS data lets the App run havoc. The other cause for erratic GPS data might be poor reception of too few satellites.
IIRC some of the very early (prior to 1Q 2017) versions of the breeze app do not incorporate geofencing round airports. So it is up to you to weigh using an outdated app against the restrictions of an unpredictable geofence.

Another stupidity Yuneec imposed with geofencing can be seen when comparing NFZs around airports: Regardless of the size and "importance" of the airfield the NFZ has a diameter of 5 ml always.The NFZ around Airfield Spitzerberg (ICAO LOAS) has the same size as its counterpart around Vienna International Airport (LOWW)

Thank you very much for your information and suggestions airborne. I will experiment with some of your recommendations.

Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval