Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Getting my first, I am confused, got some questions

Reaction score
I been looking at 2 or 3 different quads, so far I found the yuneec to be a good choice, but I got a couple questions, I see there is a Q500, Q500+, the 4K, then CGO2 and CGO3, which is best?

Also been reading and watching youtube videos about the range of the yuneec, I do notice that the range of this craft is very short, and was one of the negatives on this one. Is there any upgrades or firmware that would help the range? It is about 1/4 of the range of the Phantom DJI.

Carolina drones has a reasonable antenna upgrade that by what I have read, many are very happy with. $100

Several of the choices are just camera options. You missed the G, that is the one with gopro camera gimble. Microsoft just did a deal with that company as well to help upgrade their editing software. So Microsoft has their fingers in both Yuneec and GoPro.

Yeah...just got the Q500+..nice flying bird. It comes with the CGO2+ Camera (1080p/60fps) The Q500 4K comes with the CGO3 camera (4K/1080p with multiple camera settings that you DO NOT get on the CGO2+ camera) My camera was putting out blurry edges on the pics and videos. I sent that back to Yuneec and with an exchange..They sent me the CGO3 camera for the Q500+ Typhoon for $300.00. Glad I did this..I like having different camera settings to work with. As far as the antenna goes...I installed the DBS Mods upgrade on the ST10+...can't go wrong for $100.00 through Carolina Drones...good luck!!

By the way....there is a firmware update that will let you fly your drone over 8000ft (saying if you were high in the mountains and wanted to fly) they don't show it on the download page but, Yuneec with send it to you via email.

Yeah...just got the Q500+..nice flying bird. It comes with the CGO2+ Camera (1080p/60fps) The Q500 4K comes with the CGO3 camera (4K/1080p with multiple camera settings that you DO NOT get on the CGO2+ camera) My camera was putting out blurry edges on the pics and videos. I sent that back to Yuneec and with an exchange..They sent me the CGO3 camera for the Q500+ Typhoon for $300.00. Glad I did this..I like having different camera settings to work with. As far as the antenna goes...I installed the DBS Mods upgrade on the ST10+...can't go wrong for $100.00 through Carolina Drones...good luck!!

I thought the Q500+ was the top of line bird in the 500 models and had the better camera, so I guess the Q500+ is better bird and the Q500 has the better camera and with the extra cost and adding the antenna upgrade makes it very expensive. I was very much set on getting the Q500+ model, but after so much reading in different forums, the DJI phantom 3 Pro has so much more range. Probably lil less cost figurine in the upgrades to Yuneec

I thought the Q500+ was the top of line bird in the 500 models and had the better camera, so I guess the Q500+ is better bird and the Q500 has the better camera and with the extra cost and adding the antenna upgrade makes it very expensive. I was very much set on getting the Q500+ model, but after so much reading in different forums, the DJI phantom 3 Pro has so much more range. Probably lil less cost figurine in the upgrades to Yuneec
Well...if you look at it this way...you can buy the Q500+ with the ST10+ RC, Case, 2 batteries, steady grip with all the chargers ...etc for $700.00. (1080p/60fps) I also have the P3A. I think what you get in the Q500+ package is a pretty good deal and when you consider customer service...Yuneec is hands down the best out there. DJI is a nightmare!!...

Is the 500+ with the antenna upgrades as good as the phantom 3 pro ? I seen that the phantom will go over a mile with no problem (good conditions).

Is the 500+ with the antenna upgrades as good as the phantom 3 pro ? I seen that the phantom will go over a mile with no problem (good conditions).
The Q500 4K has the same specs as the P3P...as far as distance goes...you can get it out about a mile..(you should be staying with line of sight however) I basically installed the antenna upgrades to give me a rock solid signal for LOS flying.

I been looking at 2 or 3 different quads, so far I found the yuneec to be a good choice, but I got a couple questions, I see there is a Q500, Q500+, the 4K, then CGO2 and CGO3, which is best?

Also been reading and watching youtube videos about the range of the yuneec, I do notice that the range of this craft is very short, and was one of the negatives on this one. Is there any upgrades or firmware that would help the range? It is about 1/4 of the range of the Phantom DJI.

well, depends what you're going to use it for. I have an original Q500, and I can take it out far enough where I can't tell if it's coming or going. haha!... it's excellent though for the pictures and videos... of course as mentioned, you could always get an extender... but to be honest, I'll keep mine in eye sight... too many ( doesn't matter what brand ), have fly away's... some never found...

What are you going to use the drone for? Are you going to take video or stills? Do you just want to fly around and don't care about getting any footage? If you're going to shoot video then any drone with a 4K camera will produce great footage. What's more important is the person behind the controls and less the tools he/she chooses to use.

I'd wait for the Yuneec Typhoon H if I were you. It has obstacle avoidance system that will keep the drone from flying into things/people. I never find myself wanting more distance but I'm always wanting some sort of collision detection system.

FAA says we have to keep our drones within line-of-site and to be honest with you I'm way to scared to go any farther than that anyway (lol). When I want to shoot at a location farther away I just walk/drive there and shoot where I can see what I'm doing. My Q500 4K goes out so far that all you can see is a small grey/black shape. It's so small you can't tell which direction it's facing.

After you shoot awhile you're going to realize that to get cool footage you need to fly slow and low.

Drone flyers theme song...

You need to be close to objects to get a feeling of motion. You really need to be able to see what you're doing when you're flying in tight around obstacles. Slow and low, that is the tempo...

Got a question..i just bought me a used q500t from a friend didnt fly yet..im interested in the voltage part of the aircraft..on the ST10 for the aircraft voltage..whats a good voltage & bad voltage so i can look for it when flying..ive been doing alot of research on the ST10 transmitter just wanna learn the voltage part since its proberbly thecritical part of the aircraft..can you please help me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me