Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gifi 8050mAh Battery Test

FlushVision

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
A test flight of my new Gifi 8050mAh battery. In the air for 20 minutes and 6 seconds. Ground footage is 1080p. H480 footage at 4K Manual settings. eV=0, various shutter speeds, no ND filter.

This is the first time I've done a video with me talking in it. I hope that you Americans can understand me. Please note that this video is only a little over two minutes long. The aerial footage has been speeded up x20

This video is unlisted on YouTube so it is, essentially, only viewable in this post.

Last edited:
I’m a Texan, born and raised. Probably need subtitles as I don’t speak.....umm....whatever that was.

:p Kidding, no worries, understood perfectly. So, probably 15-16 mins of actually flying around in a typical wind condition?

• Haha
Reactions: DCH
I’m a Texan, born and raised. Probably need subtitles as I don’t speak.....umm....whatever that was.

:p Kidding, no worries, understood perfectly. So, probably 15-16 mins of actually flying around in a typical wind condition?
Yes. Particularly if I land at my usual 14.5v. I decided to take it down to 14.4v for this test to try and achieve the best time without triggering the first warning.

Today the conditions weren't perfect, Temperature was 14C. A light breeze at ground level but 9 or 10 MPH just a few feet up. Unusually my aircraft was just seeing 15 satellites...normally I see over 17 satellites.

I tried to speak in understandable English for this video. It was more difficult for me than you can imagine. Normally my dialect can be difficult for people outside of my area to fully comprehend...West Yorkshire/East Lancashire mixed with a smattering of Geordy Sunderland.

No worries Fred, my wife is from Romford England so I speak fluent British. ;)

Just kidding, I can understand you perfectly @FlushVision ?20 minutes is amazingly good BTW.
Thanks Ty.
That 20 minutes 6 seconds is the best I've ever achieved on a single battery. It'll prolly be able to do a bit better after it has settled in after a few power cycles but for the fact that I'll never intentionally take it down to 14.4v again. I once got 19 minutes going down to 14.3v on a Power 4 battery but that was in conditions far better than today.

Today's test flight wasn't a normal flight for me in that I didn't fly around or gain much height...but it wasn't a steady 'rooted in one spot' hover either...I was inputting some control to move it a bit and turn the aircraft rather than letting it sit videoing just one place.

Thanks Ty.
That 20 minutes 6 seconds is the best I've ever achieved on a single battery. It'll prolly be able to do a bit better after it has settled in after a few power cycles but for the fact that I'll never intentionally take it down to 14.4v again. I once got 19 minutes going down to 14.3v on a Power 4 battery but that was in conditions far better than today.

Today's test flight wasn't a normal flight for me in that I didn't fly around or gain much height...but it wasn't a steady 'rooted in one spot' hover either...I was inputting some control to move it a bit and turn the aircraft rather than letting it sit videoing just one place.
Those are some good times. Keep us posted how the battery performs after a few cycles please,

Reactions: Prince R Harden
What a pleasure to see a product perform as advertised.
Thanks for posting the test.

What a pleasure to see a product perform as advertised.
Thanks for posting the test.
I was a bit apprehensive purchasing a third party battery but I wanted to increase my battery inventory and Power 4 batteries are currently unobtainable in the U.K. at the moment. @Mrgs1 I think has posted that they can still be had from some European sellers but you take pot luck with the manufacturing dates. So after trawling Amazon U.K. I stumbled upon a seller who seemed to be very popular with some good reviews (this listing has now been removed...Out of stock) so I ordered one to see how it performed with the intention of ordering more if it was a good 'un. It turned out that it was a good one...I wasn't expecting over 20 minutes in the air even in a not perfect hover on a not perfect day. In those conditions I would have been reasonably satisfied with 18 minutes...he.ck, even 16 minutes.

Unfortunately that Amazon listing is gone so I can't order another one...not from that seller anyway. There are other sellers of Gifi 8050mAh batteries on Amazon. Some more expensive (by a long shot) and some cheaper, so it looks like I'll be able to get another one...but I suspect that even that source will dry up before too long.

Reactions: tj.hyzer
What charger and charge rates are you using with this battery? I have been looking into getting one of these batteries. I only have the stock charger for now but hopefully soon should be upgrading my charger.

What charger and charge rates are you using with this battery? I have been looking into getting one of these batteries. I only have the stock charger for now but hopefully soon should be upgrading my charger.
Charge at the same rate as a Power 4 battery

Edit. The stock charger will charge a 8050mAh Gifi but as you know, the stock charger will just do that...charge the battery and nothing else. No storage - no nothing, except just charge a battery. Ideally you need a charger that can at least put a battery into storage. To my mind that is the minimum requirement of a charger. For me, the time it takes to charge a battery isn't a pressing issue, so long as it doesn't take too long. Interestingly, and although I didn't take note of the time it took, my new Gifi seemed to charge up faster than the Power 4 batteries I charged up for yesterday's flights. Although that may have been just my perception...how long does it take to boil a kettle if you aren't watching it, so to speak?

Last edited:
Charge at the same rate as a Power 4 battery
I know some say it's low at only 70 watts but it's a good starter and it storage charges, to help with longevity, I've also got Sky RC chargers which give you the ability to charge a vast array of batteries, but you need leads for the H. But it means if you change models of copter etc, you can still use the charger.

I know some say it's low at only 70 watts but it's a good starter and it storage charges, to help with longevity, I've also got Sky RC chargers which give you the ability to charge a vast array of batteries, but you need leads for the H. But it means if you change models of copter etc, you can still use the charger.

Well that link above goes to Amazon U.S.A and it's showing 'out of stock'...a little like Power 4 batteries in the U.K.

As I've said when I edited my previous post: Time to charge isn't a pressing issue for me so long as It's not too long. Indeed, some would argue that a slower rate is better but I'll leave that argument to people with far better knowledge than I.

Well that link above goes to Amazon U.S.A and it's showing 'out of stock'...a little like Power 4 batteries in the U.K.

As I've said when I edited my previous post: Time to charge isn't a pressing issue for me so long as It's not too long. Indeed, some would argue that a slower rate is better but I'll leave that argument to people with far better knowledge than I.
under an hour with the DY3 from storage is fine for me. Gives me time to make a cup of tea.

I think I may do more videos like this one. I've always been self conscious about appearing and talking in videos. I think my voice sounds awful...badly fitting false teeth doesn't help either :( But I'd like to pass on some of my knowledge if I can that is difficult with just text. I know that instructional drone videos abound on YouTube, but maybe I can find something to be said that hasn't already been done to death.

What do you guys think?

What do you guys think?

Love to hear more. Adding voice adds realism in any video. And adding a voice I don't hear every day adds a personal touch that drives the realism to an astounding level. Great work. Great idea.

And by the way, the voice is marvelous. It would be the LAST thing you would want to change.

I think I may do more videos like this one. I've always been self conscious about appearing and talking in videos. I think my voice sounds awful...badly fitting false teeth doesn't help either :( But I'd like to pass on some of my knowledge if I can that is difficult with just text. I know that instructional drone videos abound on YouTube, but maybe I can find something to be said that hasn't already been done to death.

What do you guys think?
Yup, go for it. You'll do great!

A test flight of my new Gifi 8050mAh battery. In the air for 20 minutes and 6 seconds. Ground footage is 1080p. H480 footage at 4K Manual settings. eV=0, various shutter speeds, no ND filter.

This is the first time I've done a video with me talking in it. I hope that you Americans can understand me. Please note that this video is only a little over two minutes long. The aerial footage has been speeded up x20

This video is unlisted on YouTube so it is, essentially, only viewable in this post.
Though from the antipodes, I'm sure I will understand you. Have you thought about re-doing the vid' with english subtitles?
Just to help those who might not understand!! ?:D

Happy flying

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval