Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GiFi Battery

Reaction score
I recently purchased the
GiFi 8050 battery.
The spring on the back flap is a bit weak. A bit of duct tape prevents it from vibrating loose. Just a little safety precautionary measurement.
Keith Kuhn

At least you have a battery! I took your advise & ordered one from Chris 5188818 on the 9th of this month. So far it hasn't moved to the shipper. That's the same treatment I've gotten from GiFi Power. I ordered one on the 9th of April & never saw it. My bank is still attempting to recover my $106 or a battery.

Vic

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
At least you have a battery! I took your advise & ordered one from Chris 5188818 on the 9th of this month. So far it hasn't moved to the shipper. That's the same treatment I've gotten from GiFi Power. I ordered one on the 9th of April & never saw it. My bank is still attempting to recover my $106 or a battery.

Vic

Be patient it will come I promise you. Lots of turmoil going on in the world. You will get your battery. Keith Kuhn

Reactions: Mike Irish
I ordered one for my Mantis from Banggood and it took 3 months. Thought all was lost and all of a sudden it showed up....box was practically wide open but all was intact.

Battery itself works perfect. What I didn't like was the fact that it rattled inside the casing so I took it apart and added extra foam padding on the sides. Now it doesn't rattle at all.

I would agree with Keith...be patient (it's hard...I'm not very patient myself) but things are shipping a lot slower than they used to these days.

I ordered one for my Mantis from Banggood and it took 3 months. Thought all was lost and all of a sudden it showed up....box was practically wide open but all was intact.

Battery itself works perfect. What I didn't like was the fact that it rattled inside the casing so I took it apart and added extra foam padding on the sides. Now it doesn't rattle at all.

I would agree with Keith...be patient (it's hard...I'm not very patient myself) but things are shipping a lot slower than they used to these days.

Wow incredible that the box was almost wide open.
And the darn thing rattled.
It's amazing if you take it apart and stuff it with foam.
Thanks for your input.
Keith Kuhn

• Wow
Reactions: Mike Irish
Wow incredible that the box was almost wide open.
And the darn thing rattled.
It's amazing if you take it apart and stuff it with foam.
Thanks for your input.
Keith Kuhn

Yeah...crazy. the battery wasn't damaged at all...not a scratch. It's just that the cells they used inside the case did not take up the full width so they rattled a bit when shook from side to side. Didn't have to shake hard either. 3 screws held the case together also, so there was no damaging anything in order to take it apart.

Definitely Not the best shipping experience lol

Yeah...crazy. the battery wasn't damaged at all...not a scratch. It's just that the cells they used inside the case did not take up the full width so they rattled a bit when shook from side to side. Didn't have to shake hard either. 3 screws held the case together also, so there was no damaging anything in order to take it apart.

Definitely Not the best shipping experience lol

Glad it worked.out for you
Keith

I recently purchased the
GiFi 8050 battery.
The spring on the back flap is a bit weak. A bit of duct tape prevents it from vibrating loose. Just a little safety precautionary measurement.
Keith Kuhn
Had a bad experience with them myself battery totally useless the contacts were not sordord properly and 1 wire was totally loose never use them again,

Had a bad experience with them myself battery totally useless the contacts were not sordord properly and 1 wire was totally loose never use them again,

Interesting
I will keep an eye on mine.
Every time I fly it I mark it.
1. 2. 3. 4th flight. Etc
Keith Kuhn

Hello I bought a pair of the GiFI 8050s worked fine dropped one on floor and the cheap plastic latch crack has anyone tried to repair?
I contacted Digi Battery on Amazon they said buy new one. May just cut the broken area of.

20201212_095000.jpg

Hello I bought a pair of the GiFI 8050s worked fine dropped one on floor and the cheap plastic latch crack has anyone tried to repair?
I contacted Digi Battery on Amazon they said buy new one. May just cut the broken area of.

View attachment 24062

The exact same thing happened to me.
I assess my situation , got out the super glue and took care of business.
When I fly with that battery I do extra precaution.
I put a little duct tape over the flap so it doesn't come open in flight.
No problems at all so far.
Keith Kuhn

If you dropped it the seller should not have the responsibility to replace it. That would be like wrecking your car and expecting the dealer to replace it.

You might try using a thin layer of two part epoxy along the crack, then reattach the latch. I would not fly with that battery as there is nothing to keep it in the aircraft during flight. Unless you can repair the latch or use another method to keep it secured during flight.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taxinnovex