Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gimbal Foam Blocks... Help

Reaction score
I've had my H920+ w CGO4 for a few months now but my question is... How do these *** foam blocks fit in to the gimbal for storage travel etc?? I've been trying to figure it out for a while now but it seems to rival the difficulty of solving a friggin rubix cube. If anyone knows the proper placement and could snap a pic I'd greatly appreciate it...

• Haha
Reactions: Mike Irish
Ha no, but that is tricky as well ha, there are 2 foam blocks kinda 3D "L" shaped that came in the ProAction case I believe that are meant to keep the camera straight and secure on the gimbal while transporting. I'm 99% sure this is their purpose as every drone I've purchased comes with a gimbal lock of some sort but I just can't seem to place them correctly? Check the pic attached...

Attachments

• 15929201887658865781491093484434.jpg
    15929201887658865781491093484434.jpg
    1,003.9 KB · Views: 23
I think this is how the 2 foam blocks should fit onto the CGO4 gimbal (shown with the ProAction grip, but the same for the H920+)

Attachments

• IMG_2473.JPG
    IMG_2473.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2474.JPG
    IMG_2474.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Irish
OMG ha, I'm such an idiot. I've been fumbling with those blocks for like 3 months ha. I don't know how I haves tried them in that configuration?? Thanks, I appreciate it. How do you find your H920? I operate an aerial photography and production company with a fleet of drones so I have a lot of experience with many different model drones. We mostly use DJI (Inspire 2s, Mavic 2 Zooms and we have a M600 Matrice hex). I was always curious about the H920 but the price tag was steep for the performance and the reviews were mixed at best. I only bought it when I found it on eBay recently. There was a liquidation company with many of them new for only @ $2k and I was mostly interested in the CGO4 w ProAction for ground filming. Curious on your opinion

It took me quite a few trys to figure out the foam gimal blocks too. I bought my 920+ new discounted about 18 months ago, but was quickly disappointed with 2 major negative aspects.

1) Inexplicably, although advertized as a "professional" copter, Yuneec would not or could not apply the NFZ waiver code, even though as far as I know it has the same flight control board
as the H480 which I had sucessfully applied the NFZ waiver from Yuneec on 2 H480 copters.

2) A well discussed problem on this forum: The 3 "new" batteries included are practically useless and yielded only about a 12 minute first flight with the CGO4 on board. So like others, I have had to research for alternatives and am now using 2 Gens Ace 5000mah batteries which work very well.

But, I really like the look and size of the H920+, its an impressive bird and always attracts interest when I bring it out for occasional missions. I am still learning how to use the CGO4 camera which has a full compliment of settings.

It took me quite a few trys to figure out the foam gimal blocks too. I bought my 920+ new discounted about 18 months ago, but was quickly disappointed with 2 major negative aspects.

1) Inexplicably, although advertized as a "professional" copter, Yuneec would not or could not apply the NFZ waiver code, even though as far as I know it has the same flight control board
as the H480 which I had sucessfully applied the NFZ waiver from Yuneec on 2 H480 copters.

2) A well discussed problem on this forum: The 3 "new" batteries included are practically useless and yielded only about a 12 minute first flight with the CGO4 on board. So like others, I have had to research for alternatives and am now using 2 Gens Ace 5000mah batteries which work very well.

But, I really like the look and size of the H920+, its an impressive bird and always attracts interest when I bring it out for occasional missions. I am still learning how to use the CGO4 camera which has a full compliment of settings.

Haha yea the 3 "new" batteries. Might as well use them for door stoppers. What a joke. Shortly after getting mine I had to go on a mission to find replacement batteries also. I had a hard time finding much useful info on possible alternative aftermarket batteries so I just got out my micrometer and measured the cavity. It was pointless to look for replacement batteries of the same size but an alternative brand because they just don't exist. What an absolutely strange shape/size the stock batteries are! I got a set of SMC 5000 that had hard cases. They advertised the size incorrectly so I had to remove the outer case and they work well but still were too tight that I had to pull on the leads a little and after maybe 8 cycles they got a bit puffy and when I pulled on the leads, they ripped off. I don't know if you've ever tried to solder a tab on a lipo but it's impossible so they were useless. Next I got a set of kinda cheap Ovonic 4500 50C. They fit and work well but they exaggerate the mAh like many cheaper lipos so flight times aren't great. Finally I ended up where you did... Gens Ace 5000 45C. Fit well and perform great and for $200 a set, they are affordable, especially compared to my Matrice 600. That thing is just ridiculous. 6 smart lipos, almost $1G for a set. Crazy. What is your issue with a NFZ? Does it register on the controller? Like DJI drones? I've never had that issue with mine? When I first got it I had to unlock all the limits with software though. The software for the Typhoon H worked since there is no software/GUI for the H920 sadly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval