Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gimbal tilt when rotating the gimbal or drone

Reaction score
Ok....i run my H thru gimbal calibration and all says level. But in flight as i rotate tge gimbal or drone....cannot remember which, the gimbal tilts to the right making the horizon not level. This has happened several times. Am i doing something wrong?

I would suggest doing the calibration again, but before you start that, make sure the camera is facing straight forward by pushing the 'Pan' toggle forward, then to the middle position.

I would suggest doing the calibration again, but before you start that, make sure the camera is facing straight forward by pushing the 'Pan' toggle forward, then to the middle position.

So do i do the calibration with pan toggle in middle position every time?

Reactions: Ryan82
I would use that position all the time for calibration. Just make sure the camera is facing forward when the calibration begins. I've seen nothing in any instructions saying this, but it seems like the right way to go, to me.

I would use that position all the time for calibration. Just make sure the camera is facing forward when the calibration begins. I've seen nothing in any instructions saying this, but it seems like the right way to go, to me.

Thats what I have to do or it will not center ..

How were you turning the camera? Using the 'YAW' stick, or the rotation knob? I'm guessing the rotation knob next to the Pan lever. And is the pan lever in the forward or middle position? Looks to me like you need to do another calibration, but make sure the camera is facing forward when you start the calibration.

How were you turning the camera? Using the 'YAW' stick, or the rotation knob? I'm guessing the rotation knob next to the Pan lever. And is the pan lever in the forward or middle position? Looks to me like you need to do another calibration, but make sure the camera is facing forward when you start the calibration.

This was using yaw...rotating the aircraft

Pan switch in middle....i really shouldnt matter. It should detect tge aircraft level and keep horizon level...that is what this part of the gimbal is for. My gopro gimbal on my other drine didnt do this....always stayed level no matter what the aircraft did.

Reactions: skwty
I would do the accel calibration, then the gimbal without moving the craft.

When people say to calibrate on a perfectly level surface, it really is quite meaningless because it is not known if the IMU, which is buried inside the shell, is level to gravity. The landing gear alone could throw it off quite a bit.

Well, that certainly is a strange one. I have been quite impressed with the gimbal because it usually does remain level no matter how the craft is turning, etc. Most other complaints were that the camera didn't face forward after installing the latest firmware. And most corrected the problem by doing the gimbal calibration.
I hope it gets solved for you.

Well, that certainly is a strange one. I have been quite impressed with the gimbal because it usually does remain level no matter how the craft is turning, etc. Most other complaints were that the camera didn't face forward after installing the latest firmware. And most corrected the problem by doing the gimbal calibration.
I hope it gets solved for you.

On mine I calibrated the accels but forgot to do the gimbal. After taking it up I noticed the horizon was tilted, so redid both at the same time and !viola.

Reactions: Robert Brooks
I am still having issues with my CGO3+ gimbal. Has been in for warranty repair 3 times now. The gimbal board has been replaced, but other than that, still same tilting to the left side up to 45* sometimes. What is weird with my issue is that it always happens AFTER at least 2:30 minutes of flight time. *shrugs* Not sure if I want to send it back AGAIN for "repair" :(

I am still having issues with my CGO3+ gimbal. Has been in for warranty repair 3 times now. The gimbal board has been replaced, but other than that, still same tilting to the left side up to 45* sometimes. What is weird with my issue is that it always happens AFTER at least 2:30 minutes of flight time. *shrugs* Not sure if I want to send it back AGAIN for "repair" :(

2 hours 30 minutes?

Here is a link to video i took today. Still doing it

I am curious. I see that most of the other messages about this conversation were from August 2016. I'm wondering if you have solved the problem of your gimbal or not. I watched the video and I've not seen anything like that before. It's almost as if you were flying a fixed wing model, not a
hex a-copter or quad-copter.

If you still have the problem, have you found the 'hidden' calibration test page in your ST16? Or have you checked the "Hardware Monitor" screen to see if all switches & levers are centered? Particularly, the K1 knob & K2 lever.

If not, let me know and I'll try to help guide you to the 'Hidden Calibration' page so you can do a complete calibration and hopefully make the camera & gimbal work properly again.

I am curious. I see that most of the other messages about this conversation were from August 2016. I'm wondering if you have solved the problem of your gimbal or not. I watched the video and I've not seen anything like that before. It's almost as if you were flying a fixed wing model, not a
hex a-copter or quad-copter.

If you still have the problem, have you found the 'hidden' calibration test page in your ST16? Or have you checked the "Hardware Monitor" screen to see if all switches & levers are centered? Particularly, the K1 knob & K2 lever.

If not, let me know and I'll try to help guide you to the 'Hidden Calibration' page so you can do a complete calibration and hopefully make the camera & gimbal work properly again.
I have not had the problem anymore. but I have not calibrated my gimbal in a long time

I am still having issues and to ensure that the issue with gimbal tilt is NOT on the TYPHOON H, I attached my CGO3+ to the ActionCam handheld and did this video:

Stil under warranty, I am hoping that Yuneec will just send a new camera to replace. Mind you, this is after 3 "repair attempts" and only having replaced the gimbal board in the H.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval