Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gimbal will stabilize then un-stabilized

Reaction score
Hello, attached is a video of the issue I am currently dealing with. I will turn on my drone and then my controller and the gimbal will keep going back to being stabilized and not being stabilized. I still have control of panning when it is stabilized but cannot tilt the camera up, it stays in the down position. Are there any firmware suggestions or things I can do on my own? If I can fix this issue without having to send the drone in that would be great. It was working perfectly before and the last time I tried to use it started to have this issue.

I should also note that when connected, I am still able to get the camera feed to my controller.

Video of drone:

Last edited:
Hello, attached is a video of the issue I am currently dealing with. I will turn on my drone and then my controller and the gimbal will keep going back to being stabilized and not being stabilized. I still have control of panning when it is stabilized but cannot turn the camera up, it stays in the down position. Is there any firmware suggestions or things I can do on my own? If I can fix this issue without having to send the drone in that would be great. It was working perfectly before and the last time I tried to use it started to have this issue.
All I get is audio on the recording.

Hey sorry about that. I uploaded the video to youtube and linked it in the post so you should be able to watch it from there. Let me know if you are still unable to watch. Thank you.
Video works now. Looks like a problem on the pitch axis, but I don't hear any error codes. Does the camera move freely when you move it by hand?

Try with the ST16 powered off.
I did and I am noticing that the gimbal will stay stabilized but the camera is in the facedown position. Also, when I would turn on the ST16 this last go around (10 minutes ago) The gimbal had stayed stabilized the longest it has (around 2 minutes) but the tilt would still not allow me to move the camera up. The gimbal usually would stay stabilized for 10 seconds then go limp again. But unfortunately, when I would mess with some controls it would go back to limp. Thank you so much for your reply and advice!

Try with the ST16 powered off.
Here is a photo. This is with the ST16 powered off. The camera is just facing down and when I try to move it up (gently) with my hand it will not let me.

Attachments

• IMG_1095.jpg
    IMG_1095.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
You should do a visual inspection of the tilt magnet. Relax some time. Someone soon will explain how to do this with pictures.

You should do a visual inspection of the tilt magnet. Relax some time. Someone soon will explain how to do this with pictures.
Sounds. Good. Thanks, Vaklin! Unfortunately, this last time I turned it on and the gimbal started to shake a little more than usual. I am just going to keep it off for a little and probably wait till tomorrow.

Sounds. Good. Thanks, Vaklin! Unfortunately, this last time I turned it on and the gimbal started to shake a little more than usual. I am just going to keep it off for a little and probably wait till tomorrow.
This is how to inspect the pitch magnet. Let us know if you need similar instructions to check the roll magnet.

Attachments

• CGo3+ Pitch Magnet Check.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
Was the correct command sent to the camera on the tilt channel? Did you check output monitor at the ST16?
I would make easy steps of diagnostic before touching difficult HW options like roll magnet.

br HE

As mentioned upper, he tried with not powered ST16 remote. The result was the same. There is the possibility, to has some problems with the remote too but they are not primary.

Just taking a look at the magnets is not a difficult task. Important is to not move them for now.

Také děkuji. Hned jsem si já přílohy stáhnul, Co kdyby také byla porucha.

Thank you, too. I immediately downloaded the attachments, what if there was also a malfunction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Také děkuji. Hned jsem si já přílohy stáhnul, Co kdyby také byla porucha.

Thank you, too. I immediately downloaded the attachments, what if there was also a malfunction.
I am not sure if you mean a failed magnet as the "malfunction". If so, the magnets are a problem. I have not been able to locate a source of new magnets. I have only been able to salvage magnets from wrecked cameras.

It is sometimes possible to carefully adjust the position of a replacement magnet and get the camera to work. Other times it might be necessary to send the camera to a service center for calibration.

Was the correct command sent to the camera on the tilt channel? Did you check output monitor at the ST16?
I would make easy steps of diagnostic before touching difficult HW options like roll magnet.

br HE
Where do you check for that command?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval