Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Going out of my mind with support

Reaction score
My Q500 had burnt a motor andof sent it in for repairs and was sent what looks like a "new" Q500 instead. You might say I'm lucky to get a new one? Except prior to sending it in I had an extended range antenna setup that cost me over $500 on my unit that is not on this new unit. And YES, I am aware that Yuneec does not do modifications.

After sending it in I did not get a response from them till three weeks later. They called to get more information and to check for my approval for the cost of the repair which will cost me $49.95 for the one motor and labor and $100 for return shipping back to me. I approved the repair and cost and was told that I would be contacted with tracking info once the repair was done.

Got a call within the hour saying the repair was completed and my unit would be sent out soon. After a week or so of waiting I had not received any tracking info to see when and where my unit was? So I called support and after 20 minutes or so I was told that there was an issue with my card for payment. After a few more minutes csr tells me they were able to get my payment to clear and that an email will be sent to me with the tracking.

Waited a couple more days and still nothing. I called back and again after nearly a half hour later was told the same thing, an email will be sent to me with all the info. Another few days later and nothing. Called again and round 3 of the same promises of an email with all the information I needed.

Finally after another couple of days I finally get the email with parts, repair and tracking of my unit. Finally I get it and noticed something different. I pull it out and realize that it's not my "original" unit because not only was there no antennas I installed underneath, my gps tracking device as well. Also, as I mentioned this unit looked brand new.
I call support back to inquire what happened to my original unit? I kept being told over the course of four days that someone would get back to me regarding the matter and nothing. So I keep calling back and seem to keep getting the run around and start losing my mind and confidence in Yuneec by this time.

After several calls later explaining my situation and especially my concerns about my antennas, I keep getting the feeling that Yuneec doesn't seem to want to discuss with me about my antennas or admit whether or not they lost my originl unit or not because of the way the csr's I've spoken to sound while talking to them. They sound as if they're agitated and not interested.
Finally while speaking to a csr I am asked to submit proof of my purchase for the antennas, and I do. A couple days later and still no response so I call back. Asked again to submit proof of purchase, and I do. Another couple of days and still nothing, so I call again. This time I am told that the csr's I sent my proof of purchase to were not working and would not be back to work for a couple days.
So here I am, venting coz I'm losing mind and my confidence in Yuneec.
I know this is long and thank you for hearing me out.
My whole take on this is that when a customer sends a unit in for repairs, is it wrong to expect to get the "SAME" unit back in its repaired state? Especially if you spent x amount of money on modifications to the unit. And tho they informed me that they don't work on modified units, shouldn't they have refused to service it and return it? And also considering the trade, wouldn't you think that perhaps Yuneec would/could find skilled tradesman in the field of their products to refer their customers with modified units to have repaired if not hire employees with the knowledge to do the repairs? It seems like they don't do repairs, instead they just send you a new unit.

Anyone else had this experience?

My Q500 had burnt a motor andof sent it in for repairs and was sent what looks like a "new" Q500 instead. You might say I'm lucky to get a new one? Except prior to sending it in I had an extended range antenna setup that cost me over $500 on my unit that is not on this new unit. And YES, I am aware that Yuneec does not do modifications.

After sending it in I did not get a response from them till three weeks later. They called to get more information and to check for my approval for the cost of the repair which will cost me $49.95 for the one motor and labor and $100 for return shipping back to me. I approved the repair and cost and was told that I would be contacted with tracking info once the repair was done.

Got a call within the hour saying the repair was completed and my unit would be sent out soon. After a week or so of waiting I had not received any tracking info to see when and where my unit was? So I called support and after 20 minutes or so I was told that there was an issue with my card for payment. After a few more minutes csr tells me they were able to get my payment to clear and that an email will be sent to me with the tracking.

Waited a couple more days and still nothing. I called back and again after nearly a half hour later was told the same thing, an email will be sent to me with all the info. Another few days later and nothing. Called again and round 3 of the same promises of an email with all the information I needed.

Finally after another couple of days I finally get the email with parts, repair and tracking of my unit. Finally I get it and noticed something different. I pull it out and realize that it's not my "original" unit because not only was there no antennas I installed underneath, my gps tracking device as well. Also, as I mentioned this unit looked brand new.
I call support back to inquire what happened to my original unit? I kept being told over the course of four days that someone would get back to me regarding the matter and nothing. So I keep calling back and seem to keep getting the run around and start losing my mind and confidence in Yuneec by this time.

After several calls later explaining my situation and especially my concerns about my antennas, I keep getting the feeling that Yuneec doesn't seem to want to discuss with me about my antennas or admit whether or not they lost my originl unit or not because of the way the csr's I've spoken to sound while talking to them. They sound as if they're agitated and not interested.
Finally while speaking to a csr I am asked to submit proof of my purchase for the antennas, and I do. A couple days later and still no response so I call back. Asked again to submit proof of purchase, and I do. Another couple of days and still nothing, so I call again. This time I am told that the csr's I sent my proof of purchase to were not working and would not be back to work for a couple days.
So here I am, venting coz I'm losing mind and my confidence in Yuneec.
I know this is long and thank you for hearing me out.
My whole take on this is that when a customer sends a unit in for repairs, is it wrong to expect to get the "SAME" unit back in its repaired state? Especially if you spent x amount of money on modifications to the unit. And tho they informed me that they don't work on modified units, shouldn't they have refused to service it and return it? And also considering the trade, wouldn't you think that perhaps Yuneec would/could find skilled tradesman in the field of their products to refer their customers with modified units to have repaired if not hire employees with the knowledge to do the repairs? It seems like they don't do repairs, instead they just send you a new unit.

Anyone else had this experience?
When I have sent my unit in twice, the instructions clearly state to not send accessories in with the bird/controller! And that they are not liable for them! Did you not get the instructions with the printable shipping label?

DroneClone,
Yes I was aware of this. I was aware of their inability to work on these units before sending mine in. Tho PRIOR to sending it I called them to explain that I had the antennas on my Q500 and called to confirm before sending it out if they are still able to change just the one motor with the antennas on? And I was told that it since it was just one motor that they didn't think it would be a problem for the technician to just change out the one motor. I was also told over the phone as you mentioned to send ONLY the quadcopter, no transmitter, no batteries, no charger, no props etc.
I also explained that I didn't have printer to print the label and would need to write the address and other information by hand. The csr then assures me it will be okay as long asI write the "work order" number on the box below the address. Which is how I did it.
Considering the csr knew about the antennas since I already explained it to them, don't you think they could have explained a little more in detail to me aside from the basic items mentioned above not to send and to let me know that I need to take off the antennas as well?
Don't get me wrong, I am aware that we are only human and we all make mistakes. Although to assure a customer that repairs can still be made on their unit despite the modifications then send a totally different unit just doesn't make sense.
Similar to what I mentioned, if you had a lifted Chevy truck with 31" Super Swampers on 14" wheels and spent $5k for the modification and took it in to the dealer to have the brakes replaced, shouldn't you expect to get the truck back the same way when the work is done? Instead they gave you a new truck, same year, same model, same color etc. without the lift and the 31" tires on 14" wheels what would you do?
Yes, I do realize the difference between a Q500 and a Chevy truck, although the "PRINCIPLE" of my post remains the same.
Thanks for your reply.

DroneClone,
Yes I was aware of this. I was aware of their inability to work on these units before sending mine in. Tho PRIOR to sending it I called them to explain that I had the antennas on my Q500 and called to confirm before sending it out if they are still able to change just the one motor with the antennas on? And I was told that it since it was just one motor that they didn't think it would be a problem for the technician to just change out the one motor. I was also told over the phone as you mentioned to send ONLY the quadcopter, no transmitter, no batteries, no charger, no props etc.
I also explained that I didn't have printer to print the label and would need to write the address and other information by hand. The csr then assures me it will be okay as long asI write the "work order" number on the box below the address. Which is how I did it.
Considering the csr knew about the antennas since I already explained it to them, don't you think they could have explained a little more in detail to me aside from the basic items mentioned above not to send and to let me know that I need to take off the antennas as well?
Don't get me wrong, I am aware that we are only human and we all make mistakes. Although to assure a customer that repairs can still be made on their unit despite the modifications then send a totally different unit just doesn't make sense.
Similar to what I mentioned, if you had a lifted Chevy truck with 31" Super Swampers on 14" wheels and spent $5k for the modification and took it in to the dealer to have the brakes replaced, shouldn't you expect to get the truck back the same way when the work is done? Instead they gave you a new truck, same year, same model, same color etc. without the lift and the 31" tires on 14" wheels what would you do?
Yes, I do realize the difference between a Q500 and a Chevy truck, although the "PRINCIPLE" of my post remains the same.
Thanks for your reply.
Then call them, ask for a shift manager and give them ****! and I would demand they reimburse you for the loss! other than that, there is not much you can do, except sue them!

Then call them, ask for a shift manager and give them ****! and I would demand they reimburse you for the loss! other than that, there is not much you can do, except sue them!

Called them thus morning and Brian answers and after a pause asks if he can put me on a brief hold, when I say ok the call hangs up. I remembered the name and the voice and I'm pretty certain it was the same Brian that hung up on me last week when I called.
After he hung up I called right back and spoke with a lady by the name of Marilyn? After explaining again my situation and asked to speak to a "shift manager" she puts me on hold and a couple of minutes later tells me the shift manager is not available and that she (the shift manager) will call me back before the days end.
I also explained that my whole take on this is the principle. I believe that when a customer sends something in for repairs that the customer SHOULD expect to get in return exactly what they sent in in the first place in its repaired state and NOT something else.
It's 5:47pm Hawaii time and no word from anyone.
Thanks for your help DroneClone, tho I'm at a loss and feel as though Yuneec really doesn't seem to care about their customers despite ALL the so called "positive" things I've read prior to buying my Q500. Because the two factors that I'm sure most people like myself purchased their products were based on quality and customer support.
Now I have a new Q500 PAPER WEIGHT that's sitting in the box because the antenna system on my ST10 is modified for the antennas that are on my old Q500 which they either lost or chucked in the trash.
Any ideas on how I can sue? I'm at a lost with these guys and have lost confidence in them so much so that I'm going to tell ALL my family and friends and whomever I can reach on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, MySpace and maybe speak to a few friends at the news station here to see if they will do a short story to get the word out on how poor Yuneec's customer support is and to let people know what to expect in the long run BEFORE purchasing from Yuneec.
Thanks again and good luck to us all!

Called them thus morning and Brian answers and after a pause asks if he can put me on a brief hold, when I say ok the call hangs up. I remembered the name and the voice and I'm pretty certain it was the same Brian that hung up on me last week when I called.
After he hung up I called right back and spoke with a lady by the name of Marilyn? After explaining again my situation and asked to speak to a "shift manager" she puts me on hold and a couple of minutes later tells me the shift manager is not available and that she (the shift manager) will call me back before the days end.
I also explained that my whole take on this is the principle. I believe that when a customer sends something in for repairs that the customer SHOULD expect to get in return exactly what they sent in in the first place in its repaired state and NOT something else.
It's 5:47pm Hawaii time and no word from anyone.
Thanks for your help DroneClone, tho I'm at a loss and feel as though Yuneec really doesn't seem to care about their customers despite ALL the so called "positive" things I've read prior to buying my Q500. Because the two factors that I'm sure most people like myself purchased their products were based on quality and customer support.
Now I have a new Q500 PAPER WEIGHT that's sitting in the box because the antenna system on my ST10 is modified for the antennas that are on my old Q500 which they either lost or chucked in the trash.
Any ideas on how I can sue? I'm at a lost with these guys and have lost confidence in them so much so that I'm going to tell ALL my family and friends and uwhomever I can reach on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, MySpace and maybe speak to a few friends at the news station here to see if they will do a short story to get the word out on how poor Yuneec's customer support is and to let people know what to expect in the long run BEFORE purchasing from Yuneec.
Thanks again and good luck to us all!
Give them one more call in for a Manager, and tell them right off the back, you need to speak to him/her without being on hold!, If it happens again, call the Better Business Bureau and they can direct you to actions you can take, or call a claims lawyer referral service, Sorry about your ordeal, as I know the frustrations !

Thanks again DroneClone, I gave them the day off from my calls to give them a chance to respond on their own. This way I can determine how valuable I really am as a customer or not? Will do it tomorrow morning because I received an email from them today requesting PROOF of my purchase for the antennas again for the 3rd time.
I was thinking along the same lines as you about contacting the BBB AND a look into getting a claims lawyer as well.
I really don't like using my threat cards (calling a lawyer, bashing them all over the web, discouraging family and friends from purchasing from them etc.) because it's fufutile. Yet sometimes I feel it must be used when large corporations like this become too big for their britches and for the want of money put their customers on the back burner hoping the customer will get so frustrated that they give up and go away.
I've decided to go as far as calling them up everyday till I get some legal help and get this resolved.
I can understand if it was a $20 or even $50 loss. And even that is still much. Yet $340 for the antennas and not to forget the $100 for shipping it to the company to have them installed and another $100 for them to return my finished unit, $540. And since I don't usually keep my receipt for the shipping to them once the tracking shows it has been delivered and I already checked with the antenna company for their receipt for the return shipping and had no success since the mod was done some time ago. So right there I'm out $200 and $200 less than what I'm asking for for reimbursement.
We'll see tomorrow. Good luck to us all and have a Yuneec ?

Update:
Here's what I got in the email from Yuneec:

Good Morning Mr Cullen,
This email is being sent to inform you that I was able to locate your original quadcopter. It did indeed have the two aftermarket modifications that you mentioned. One of our technicians has removed the components from the unit and I will be shipping them back to you today. Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.
Also please keep in mind that it is best practice not to send in additional modifications with your repair unit. You will be receiving a tracking number shortly for the return of your modifications."

And my reply:

Margarita,
Thank you for your response and I must say that I am so disappointed in Yuneec for the frustration I've had to go thru with this matter. I've been put on hold many times for as long as 30 minutes or more, I've been hung up on and was spoken to by a rude csr, promised a call back that never came and really feel like Yuneec is not about their customers, they're only about making money.
I sincerely believe that someone from Yuneec should have contacted me to inform me that the repairs could not be made and give me a chance to decide whether to have Yu(neec) return my unit as it was so I could have found someone who could perform the repair and or accept or decline Yur(neec)'s offer of a new unit.
It is nice that you found my old unit and that a technician was able to remove it so that you can send it back, how convenient for Yuneec. It's interesting to note that Yuneec does not work on modified units yet since my contact with Yu(neec) about my this, SUDDENLY a technician finds my old unit?

Now my question to Yu(neec) is "who's going to install it on this new unit for me professionally?" Because I spent $200 ($100 there and back) to send it in to the company that did the installation professionally so I that I can rest assured that the unit will perform as it should.

As for your clause about "not being responsible for the loss or damage of additional accessories, parts or other components" is a cop out and hope it will hold up in court? With this email I have enough proof to show Yuneec's negligence.

Thank you for your help and looking forward to having a Yuneec time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis